2007 Defender

I have!!

I've done it after many happy years with my 300TDI I am chopping her in after test driving the new Defender it was a no brainer. The new defender is absolutely amazing to drive as it performance through the gears is far quicker than standard form TD5's and 300's. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the interior but after driving it everything is in just the right place. I have ordered County SW in silver with Alloys. I wanted a tow bar fitting but when they quoted £570 for the drop plate, ball and electrics I said no thank you and that price was not fitted. As soon as I have got it I shall put some pics on for those interested.

I can see from the poll I have chosen one of the not so popular colours (good).

I was very surprised at the trade in price I got from the dealer, I was not expecting any where near what I could get selling it private. They gave me £7k for a 1997 County with 76k miles + 8% of list price. If you're considering a new one at least ask the dealer for a price before dismissing idea.

You lucky devil :moglite:

I think tj101 was going to buy one but was put off by the fact that the new Defender is going to be delayed. Did the dealer say anything to you about that ?

Mo

No, nothing was said to me. The dealer showed me on the computer ones that had already been built that I could choose from. Apparently the dealers pre order how many they want in preperationm for people wanting one straight away.

Correct Mo,,

After selling my 110XS and trying to find a replacement , the price i got on a new one was too tempting to refuse !!

So got a slot for a 07 model 110XS, for delivery last week May / 1st week June, The price did go up, because they forgot that the extra rear (7) seats are now a option, (a lot of the dealer ordered stock cars are only 5 seat, as they did not realise its now a extra)

Then middle of last week, was told of a problem with the new ones, and del could now be August maybe !! As i needed one for 2/3rd week of June, for a rally abroad, went and found a late TD5 version, and cancelled the new one !!

Spoke to a dealer yesterday, he's trying to get me to buy one.....

He said that there has been a delay on them and complained they have not even got one to put in the showroom yet.

Silver is not an unpopular colour, every retired person I know has a silver car. :ph34r::D

Is it true double cab 110s avoid the new high road tax as they are a 'light commercial' despite having 5 seats?

Rich

Hi Rich..

Pass,, i have heard so much carp, in the last week or so !! like the 110 is not vat reclaimable, (like the old td5) due to only 5/7 seats, another dealer says rubbish, its now down to the weight capacity,, :unsure:

I think i did hear the double cab rumor though, but as i need the station wagon, did not pay attention !!

I know the dealers/salesmen are not happy, cause they are going to lost bonus etc, because LR can not deliver !! sounds like the first batch are coming out, but then a couple of months wait !! Someone must know whats going on !!

Hi Tim

Got a chart from the dealer showing prices of all models pre-buget.

All station wagons were £215 VED and everything else was £170.

With the new road tax rules that could make the Double cab more attractive, particularly as due to less stuff in the back they are a few grand cheaper.

Assuming it's true of course.

However, as you say not so suitable for some of us. I bought a new 110CSW late in 05. Due to my milage it's only lost about 9 grand in 18 months. :blink:

Shame you didn't want a white one. ;) (or more used one)

Rich

Rich,, yep i remember following you up the hill to one of James events with Taz on the trailer,, could have sworn yours was Silver ??

Out of interest, what miles are on yours to lose than amount ??

No it's that fancy white colour. Must have been the sun reflecting off Taz. :)

I do actually like silver, but both my neighbours always have silver cars and I like to be different.

My 55 plate has 45k on the clock. (well, 46k now)

Rich

I know the dealers/salesmen are not happy, cause they are going to lost bonus etc, because LR can not deliver !! sounds like the first batch are coming out, but then a couple of months wait !! Someone must know whats going on !!

My dealer says that they have no knowledge of the 'cooling problem' rumour but that there are some delays following the first batch (pre allocated by LR to each dealer) due to demand.

I've ordered one of the first batch and have been told it is still due in May - so fingers crossed.

Got a chart from the dealer showing prices of all models pre-buget.

All station wagons were £215 VED and everything else was £170.

With the new road tax rules that could make the Double cab more attractive, particularly as due to less stuff in the back they are a few grand cheaper.

Does your chart mention the station wagon utility version - the one with 4 doors and solid rear/boot panels?

Chris

There is some stiff competition over here (NZ & Aussie). New 70 series Toymota landcruiser has a 4.5 litre twin turbo V8 diesel - and front and rear difflocks for 2 grand NZ (about 600 pounds) - and a snorkel. All for the price of a standard 110.

If only landrover would match - imagine the twin turbo V8 diesel from the rangie in a fender with twin difflocks out of the factory...

Does your chart mention the station wagon utility version - the one with 4 doors and solid rear/boot panels?

Chris

Nope.

That is supposed to be a 110 station wagon with the 'no cost option' of having the rear windows removed I think.

If that's the case it's still technically a station wagon. :unsure:

Rich

I have!!

I've done it after many happy years with my 300TDI I am chopping her in after test driving the new Defender it was a no brainer. The new defender is absolutely amazing to drive as it performance through the gears is far quicker than standard form TD5's and 300's. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the interior but after driving it everything is in just the right place. I have ordered County SW in silver with Alloys. I wanted a tow bar fitting but when they quoted £570 for the drop plate, ball and electrics I said no thank you and that price was not fitted. As soon as I have got it I shall put some pics on for those interested.

I can see from the poll I have chosen one of the not so popular colours (good).

I was very surprised at the trade in price I got from the dealer, I was not expecting any where near what I could get selling it private. They gave me £7k for a 1997 County with 76k miles + 8% of list price. If you're considering a new one at least ask the dealer for a price before dismissing idea.

Which garage gave you 8% off if you dont mind me asking ,itest drove one today and got a grand off no problem mmm wonder how many more ££££ i can screw em for ????

I got the discount from Guy Salmon Stockport, but please don't quote this back to them. They got me the discount by pre-registering the vehicle in their dealerships name first. I don't know how this works other than it saves me money, ultimately I will be the 2nd owner on the V5 but this makes know difference to me as when I come to sell it (if ever) it wont make a bit of difference on price. As long as I know I'm the only one to have lovingly driven it I'm happy.

Are you serious about getting one and have you driven it yet?

Cheers Rich...

I got the discount from Guy Salmon Stockport, but please don't quote this back to them. They got me the discount by pre-registering the vehicle in their dealerships name first. I don't know how this works other than it saves me money, ultimately I will be the 2nd owner on the V5 but this makes know difference to me as when I come to sell it (if ever) it wont make a bit of difference on price. As long as I know I'm the only one to have lovingly driven it I'm happy.

Are you serious about getting one and have you driven it yet?

Cheers Rich...

Yes had 20 min test drive very impressed stil in negotiations . whats delivery time on yours cheers chris

That is supposed to be a 110 station wagon with the 'no cost option' of having the rear windows removed I think.

If that's the case it's still technically a station wagon.

That's correct. Mine was on the dealer allocation as a CSW with the 'no cost' utility pack which just replaces the rear side and back windows with metal. It still has the seats and interior spec of whatever model is it based on and can even have the extra two seats fitted.

hi,

i looked around one 2 weeks ago at one of our local country shows which they had it on, had come straight of the lorry to the show, hadn't even been polished or anything, still did look nice, console looks very much the same as the standard disco 3 ones minus the screen.

We tried to get our hand down a gap in the engine bay and failed, looks slightly crammed in there!!!

however,

there was one whing we noticed, if you look under the gearbox, they have added a bracked to the chassis right in the middle sticking up which looks like it is seposed to be a supert for the chassis, There is a threaded whole in the gearbox as well however, the defender we looked at didn't have anything conecting them, looked like there should have been an rubber mount there, we told the rep and he said he would look it up once back, if anyone has got one or getting on, you please have a look to see if yours is the same as we were really confused about it and thought that they possible couldn't have forgotten to add a bush to the gearbox!!! looked like it most definalt should have have been there!!!

still looks good,

how many bonnets do you think they shall be selling as well for older defenders, the mounting hinges are the same as well, do look good though,

me and my mate were very impressed with it, everything seemed in the correct place.

James

Yes had 20 min test drive very impressed stil in negotiations . whats delivery time on yours cheers chris

I am hoping to pick mine up early next week, I have chosen one from the list of stock already built at Solihull that has been reserved by the dealer.

tractorboy_16 --- console looks very much the same as the standard disco 3 ones minus the screen.

exactly because the new dash is based on the D3 version. I've seen 2 new 90's now & still hate the 2 frogeye vents on top of the dash, I won't be replacing my '89 110 with one anytime soon.

how many bonnets do you think they shall be selling as well for older defenders, the mounting hinges are the same as well, do look good though,

not to me they won't, I think the bulge could have been designed into the bonnet much better than it is, looks like a after thought to me & not very nice at all.