MWWC

white90

anyone going live near to Lewis?

I have a Simex tyre for him if you are going and could take it back.

Adrian I 'll bring your wing skin with me.

And what have you still to do before attending?

I'm nearly ready bar loading the trailer with all the gear required and checking a few items on th 90.

just replaced the suspension bushes on the rear axle they were shot.

ball joint boot replaced as it was split.

serviced and sitting ready to leave.

Got the front axle back together last night (finshed about 11 when I decided there was too much rain and not enough dinner happening). Still got the rear axle to do, propshafts to connect and ep90 to insert into lots of places.

Also got to fit the new alternator, cut-out and contactor for the winch. Put wheels back on, and hope that the centre-diff survived last weekends differential carnage...

Not a huge amount by the standards of this place, but more than I wanted to be doing the day before the event!

laters

Mark

anyone going live near to Lewis?

I have a Simex tyre for him if you are going and could take it back.

Adrian I 'll bring your wing skin with me.

thank's Tony........... i've a set of disc's for you from simon.

Lee Marchant is coming down.... i think he live's in oxford.....or is it cambridge :unsure: i'm sure he'll let me no :lol:

that would be great Les/Nick as Lewis is doing the AWDC events maybe you wouldn't mind taking it along when/if you go? if Not I can ask Adrian.
I'm Going down to West Harptree the next round so I can drop it off then :)

I might not be doing West Harptree as my driver is missing in action that weekend :(

I live near Banbury and work in Gaydon regularly so might be near Lewis seeing his locations (many locations so maybe doesn't like to be traced!).

I will be down at MWWC (seeing as I am teamed up with Tony!) so could maybe help. I will have a car though so may need to see about sizes of parts. Not normally an issue except swopping with a colleague who needs my estate so I have his Alfa 159 saloon for the weekend.

Let me know. I will be heading down Saturday afternoon at some point and driving back up after the event on Sunday.

Cheers,

Dan

What size of simex? Can quickly check the size of the door or boot openings to see that it fits!

Tony, saw the mail about camping this weekend. I assume you have cleared it for all of us (James, Sticky, you and I).

DSN and Tony, that would be fantastic - I'm at Gaydon 7am - 4pm tues/weds/thurs and 7am - midday on fridays. Do any of those times suit your schedule DSN, if not then I can come out to Gaydon in evening or whatever suits :)

Lewis :)

Lewis,

Yep should be able to sort something so I will collect the tyre. PM me a mobile number and we can sort a time. Think I have meeting in LR Gaydon on Wednesday all day so should be able to meet up. Where do you work?

I generally have to park in Heritage Centre so that will probably be easiest meet point.

Speak next week I guess.

Dan

Phew :unsure:

Just got back in

110 Punches now in and ready for tommorrow

I have never seem the site so dry, but theres still plenty of punches to catch the unwary :lol:

Inc Me (And I was just Truddling about setting out ) :)

In case your wondering why I was doing whats in the pic I was originally trying to sneak around the water edge, the front end just "Whizzed" in and then followed by the back end, followed by the Chief scrutineer squeaking his floor was filling up and how he was wondering if it was going to stay put or sink more.

Slindon Bites !

post-22-1179588913_thumb.jpg

See you all of those coming along as entrnats or spectators tommorow,

bath n Beer Now B)

Nige

Phew :unsure:

Just got back in

110 Punches now in and ready for tommorrow

I have never seem the site so dry, but theres still plenty of punches to catch the unwary :lol:

Inc Me (And I was just Truddling about setting out ) :)

In case your wondering why I was doing whats in the pic I was originally trying to sneak around the water edge, the front end just "Whizzed" in and then followed by the back end, followed by the Chief scrutineer squeaking his floor was filling up and how he was wondering if it was going to stay put or sink more.

Slindon Bites !

post-22-1179588913_thumb.jpg

See you all of those coming along as entrnats or spectators tommorow,

bath n Beer Now B)

Nige

I've had words with that hole before.....

Aftermath of the event for me

Breakages:

drivers mirror and new fog lamp lens

other than that nowt else, 90 ran perfectly ok even after shoving it onto its side for a rest just 10mins into the event, a bank held it from a total flop over.

winches performed sterling work faultlessly.

all in all very pleased and our overall position given the entrance quality we were very very pleased with.

top event really enjoyed it and thank you to tony and tim for help fixing the motor on the way up! wobble now seems to have left for good. first time i can say the truck drove home post event better than the journey up!

damage to motor nil, damage to codriver - still unknown DSN you still alive?

First time at Slindon, Excellent venue,,but a nightmare i guess if wet !!

Only got a hour in, before busting a front brake hose, so some time lost bodging back together with a grip etc (Thanks Nick, PM an address and will post back!) :ph34r: so keeped to the easier ones once we got going again,,, Well mulled the l/hand wing, plus a bent front bumper

Don't know about Dan,, but i know Victor fell out the camper, when we got back !!! talk about the walking dead :o

Thanks to Nige and all involved, and teamates Nick & Les,

Yes I am still alive. Wasn't too bad Sunday although pleased not driving a landy all the way home. Car a little more relaxed for trip home. Got back around 2045 after car change in Chieveley (return muddy 159 and get a freshly cleaned Passat back!). Saw the Alfa at work on Monday and it had done a nice mud drop in the car park so just like having a muddy landy!

Monday I ached some what and sitting at a desk did not help as every time I got up, the legs were seized! Glad to hear Sticky felt the same though so not just me!

Was a great event though and especially pleased with the result.

Scratches and bruises repairing nicely and aches mostly gone now. Just need some photo's to remember it by. Unsurprisingly, no time to take photo's myself with JST shouting all the time. Must find the fuse for that PA system!! :D

See you all around.