Heated Mirror Elements

Hi,

First post on this forum, but see many names familiar from others.....

I'm trying to source the heating elements for heated wing mirrors. I have been in touch with Plowmans and I am aware that Scorpion do a kit, but does anyone know of anywhere I can call where they'll know exactly what I'm talking about and say "ah yes, we have some that will fit a Defender, how many do you want" instead of "ooooh, aaaah, I thnk....."

Thanks

Guest diesel_jim
Got mine from Plowman's years ago & still haven't got round to fitting them. probaly your best bet to get the plowman's kit, everything in it you need to fit.

found this guy on ebay heated mirror element kit his e.mail address is within the advert text, should be worth a e.mail to find if he's got anymore kits for sale.

A mate of mine in the states ordered one of these kits, had it sent to my house so i could forward it on with a load of other stuff.

Looked good quality. the kit had everything in there, cable ties, switches and stuff, and the elements looked nice and "beefy".

Think i'll be getting a set for my project110 soon!

I just bought mine from a commercial vehicle motor-factors, they cut to fit (I have the larger mirror heads on my 90) and are an excelent piece of kit. Cost when I bought mine was £6.50 each and the correct switch (illuminated & showing the correct symbol) is available from VWP which means it matches all the other auxilary switches.

So you heat the mirrors and even in the depths of winter they remain clear - only you can't see them because the bl**dy windows are steamed up :D

Incidentally, as I am king of bling and recognise a nice add on when I hear it. How do you run the wire into the cab, or rather into the door, so it can go to the cab?

Litch can you post some contact details as that sounds like a good plan.

demist2.pdfSee here!for a good way of hiding the wiring. I'll most likely do it the same way. As regards window de misting, a mate of mine fitted the military parts a few years ago and the result is great ,It basically just takes a feed from the flex hose that goes to the windsheild vent and blows it through a rather crude hole on the side. I had planned to do this years ago but never got round to it. I want to find a couple of vents in a scrap yard that would do the job that i can graft into the sides of the dash so it loks a bit neater. I have a of the parts that i will attempt to attach, but not sure if I can......ok , just saw the attach bit below.........hope it works. I'm doing a fair bit of work on mine at the moment and I'm stripingout a lot of the dash, so I plan to do the demist while I got some momentum...... I have a heated screen already so I may just direct all the air to the sides!

• 2 years later...

Afternoon all

Hoping someone can help, i've been looking into putting heated mirrors on my Landy ready for the cold. I've tried googling Plowmans but can only find references to lunch!! Was hoping someone could post a link to their website or a phone number.

Any help much appreciated

Simon

I seem to recall buying mine through Rimmer Brothers but have been unable to find them.

The only one I could find now is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-HEATED-CONVEX-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-NEW_W0QQitemZ330362074054QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090923?IMSfp=TL090923148004r3623

I might try it as I need one for the drivers side I have smash the mirror a few time and element no longer sticks to the mirror and there are issues with the connection to the element.

I seem to recall buying mine through Rimmer Brothers but have been unable to find them.

The only one I could find now is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-HEATED-CONVEX-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-NEW_W0QQitemZ330362074054QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090923?IMSfp=TL090923148004r3623

I might try it as I need one for the drivers side I have smash the mirror a few time and element no longer sticks to the mirror and there are issues with the connection to the element.

I recently purchased a convex heated mirror from this very same ebay outfit. I will say the mirror itself is the WORST I have ever seen. my previous convex mirror (which broke) was very clear without blurring on the outside edges. For whatever reason, the convex mirror from these guys is not clear (can't think of any other way to explain) and anything viewed is definitely not uniform (when you take the "convex" effect out of this.

Anyway, I recommend finding someone else. I'm attempting to find another one as well.