Dan & Jen's USA Tour 2007

Dan (V8Bertha) and Jen (Jen :P ) have shipped their Camel 110 (Charlie) across the pond and are undertaking a 5-month tour of the United States.

Since they are keeping a proper blog thing I thought I'd post the link here - if you have comments for them please post on their blog to save them having to check back and post here as well as on the blog.

Click for Dan & Jen's USA Tour Blog

Hehe, thanks Fridge :)

Checking today though, as we've paid for internet access at the hotel in a vague attempt to get the customs clearance sorted on the Camel... transfering back from Washington to Baltimore today.. then sitting by the phone for the call saying it's ready to pick up. Frusrating knowing that it's sat in the docks but we can't get it! Still, two more days hopefully :) Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Missing you all already.

Jen

P.S. Love the quote in your sig B)

Did Ali tell you he was sat like you waiting for his 90 then they told him down to a computer cock up he would need to wait another twelve weeks....

Sorry I hope it sails through all ok :ph34r:

I will get my coat

Hehe, thanks Fridge :)

Checking today though, as we've paid for internet access at the hotel in a vague attempt to get the customs clearance sorted on the Camel... transfering back from Washington to Baltimore today.. then sitting by the phone for the call saying it's ready to pick up. Frusrating knowing that it's sat in the docks but we can't get it! Still, two more days hopefully :) Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Missing you all already.

Jen

P.S. Love the quote in your sig B)

Know the feeling. Our 90 was sat in a wharehouse for a month a mile down the road from where i lived but i was not allowed to get to it or even see it. Just have to wait for them to do what they want. After all Customs are a law unto them selves

So good liuck and hope you get it out soon

You lot know how to make me feel better! :blink::angry:;):lol: Lucky for you all I have discovered the Cheesecake factory... I only wish I hadn't tumble-dried my jeans before I went out :ph34r::lol:

Luckily we heard today Charlie has cleared customs (as far as we are aware without any extra charges which is a relief! They could have been upto £1000 :o ) We're just waiting for it to be transported to the collection area now (which should happen tomorrow) and he can then be released Friday, fingers, toes etc. crossed.

Jen; if you come down to Florida, let me know. We've got a Cheesecake Factory in West Palm Beach that is just wonderful.

B) Should be there early november-ish if that's any good for you? :lol: Vague timetable at the moment due to my tendancy to fall in love with places and stop for a couple of days and also get bored quickly and want to move on (whichever mood I happen to be in at the time :rolleyes: ) Will be sure to contact you when we get near, always good to meet or get tips from 4x4 people :)

Just as an update - Charlie Camel's been transfered to the pick up point today and we're being picked up at 10am tomorrow to go and get him - WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D Can't wait to get on the road..

As long as you give me around a weeks notice, I will be at your disposal. Would be good to see some "over the pond" rovers and owners. Have a wonderful time while you're over here. Let me apologize ahead of time for the large amount of americans you will meet that are uneducated, ignorant, and inbred. LOL.

:hysterical: Good man - let me apologise in advance for Dan :lol:

:lol: Thanks FF, saves me a job ;):D Quite amazed you didn't apologise for me tho'!

Extreme Marine, B) if you're around that'll be great. We're planning on getting internet access at several points around if we can (will be more difficult from now on as I'm hoping to avoid hotels for the duration of the trip!) so will drop you a line when we get near. I hope we'll manage to meet up with a few people from around the USA/Canada as it really helps make a trip I reckon. Either that or just get good tips as to where the Cheesecake Factories are! :lol:

Well, the bags are packed and I'm going to attempt to get a good nights sleep before we pick the Camel up in the morning, but I'm so excited I don't think I will! ...or it's the air con that sounds like a low flying jet and the fire station across the street, I'm not sure which ;):D

Will prob disappear for a while now, but will update the blog whenever we can :) Postcards to 'Shire's' will be dropping through our letterbox in England (for Becky to pass on) anyday now.

Jen

As long as you give me around a weeks notice, I will be at your disposal. Would be good to see some "over the pond" rovers and owners. Have a wonderful time while you're over here. Let me apologize ahead of time for the large amount of americans you will meet that are uneducated, ignorant, and inbred. LOL.

I would point out here that Jen is one of the nicest people on God's Earth and that despite Dan's huge list of short comings he is house trained (to a point)

Great; if you've got a map of Florida, Vero Beach is around halfway between West Palm Beach, and Melbourne. On the East Coast, central. My house is only 10 minutes off the I-95 exit. If you guys are trying to avoid hotels, I have a guest room. And if the Camel needs attention by November, my shops fully equipped with all hand tools, welders, OXyAcetylene, Air compressor, and the like. If you end up heading out West, make sure to call Shawn at Great Basin Rovers. That's Bill's daughter, and my fiancee'. Have a wonderful trip over here.

I don't care wot you stinky lot say, Jen still loves me... she just said so!! ;)

But I coulda sworn she had her fingers crossed!! D'oh!! :lol:

Have you tried her Spag Bol, Salad, Garlic Bread and Cold Beers?

'ere... the beer's are mine!! :D

Well, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't call mine a restoration though. LOL! I just picked up another 2.25 , t-case. tranny, and pair of axles today. Got too many darned parts now. Gonna have to start putting it together. Especially if Dan and Jen come to visit in November.

Xtrememarine - did we mention Jen is restoring an 88" Series?

Now when he say's restoring... the thing I have in mind can only be described as 'the slightly-camp-love-child-of-Eddie (FF's 109) -and-Petal' (see Dollythelw). So not what you'd term a classic restoration, I couldn't hope to match FF in the rivet counting steaks anyway :rolleyes:;):ph34r::lol: Now all I've got to do is save the money and learn to weld. Well. Very Well. :huh::lol:

No need to finish it before we arrive, I promise I won't nick bits ;):D

Reading every word with envy ...have fun stay safe you 2.

Thanks Mandy :) Good to hear from you. Will try to stay safe... although I must admit the bear warnings are a little disturbing... :unsure::o

Blog updated... from a campsite with wireless internet access :lol: