Pay'n'Play at Exeter

Hi all, a mate has just got a new pay'nplay up and running, still very new with loads of development work to do but plenty to interest most ppl...

with the current weather we're reccomending MT's as a basic standard, vehicle need to have a decent recovery point and rope/strop..

The Site is based around several large fields, mostly open but with a large wooded area waiting to be explored, normal mud run water hole etc... This site is going to be constantly changing, if ppl have ideas let us know !

Next day is August 12th, £20 for the day...

Meet at 10am on Sunday at Haldon Quarry,

Contacts

Myself (Chris!) 07871 154309

or

Martyn 07725 048887

Hi all.. sorry its taken so long to come over to Lr4x4.. all seems good tho :)

The site is down inbetween the teigh valley and haldon, but we meet at Haldon quarry and drive down in covoy as its a pain to find else !

Yes the quarry is just down from the ranger centre... from the little chef A38 Northbound, turn left down to the road with the racecourse, turn left towards Haldon Belevadere (not to the racecourse) and the Quarry is on the right, two huge concrete blocks either side of the enterance, drive through and turn left we will be there

Should have webby soon, bear with us, were having too much fun in the digger :D

That site is about 10 minutes from me ............... I know the quarry well................. the concrete blocks were originally there to stop the traveler / pikey thieving toe rags from moving in, when they were moved on from other very nearby sensitive sites........

I'll come and have a look see sometime..........

:)

Ian

Excellent news, shame I missed it :(

Any photos from yesterday?

Whens the next one then chaps, is it seriously muddy? My 110 is in need of a gearbox rebuild before I can get it back to any serious use so I will have to use Lucys Discovery on 235/85BFG ATs.

Will :)

Excellent news, shame I missed it :(

Any photos from yesterday?

Whens the next one then chaps, is it seriously muddy? My 110 is in need of a gearbox rebuild before I can get it back to any serious use so I will have to use Lucys Discovery on 235/85BFG ATs.

Will :)

Hi Will, will have some pix up tomoz, we ended up with 30 vehciles on the site, with a real wide range of vehciles too..

We had zooks, izuzu, landies, mitsis, a few tuyota surfs and landcrusers, even a lada Niva !

To answer your questions:

Is it Muddy ?: Can be depends on the weather, when its dry a freelander on road tyres can drive most of the easy tracks. when its wet it can be like ice in places

Am i likely to damage my vehicle? No as long as you drive within your limits, 80% of the site is open farmland, with the rest being woodland.. There will always be a marshal to advise you or offer help

Is there much to do? Loads to do at the mo, but its growing every day.. " small water holes and one huge monster.. Normal mud run, articulation testers and some very very technical driving areas.. The site also has loads of tracks running around the exterior for beginners etc

How much does it cost? Twenty quid per vehcile, no matter how many passengers as long as they have safety belts. No age limit on drivers as long as their is a adult in the vehicle.. Plenty of parking for trailers too

Facilities? The site is just open at the mo, we will be having a proper pressure wash installed,cafe and garage is 5min up the road..

Next day is Sunday 26th. as soon as the sites up and running properly were going to offer discount for forum members, but at the mo weve got to pay for the land and digger lol

Had as good day out here today - very slippery in the mud (waffle board left very buried :ph34r: for future time teamsters) - a site with lots of potential. Lots of winch practice - need to get fitter or find a bitch (mrs Jos wasn't keen to get out into the knee deep mire)...

Cheers to Chris and the lads - and thanks to H and the guy in the red 90 for the tugs! :D

Chris - lets see some photos m8, i might even bring the d-lander down when shes ready :D

P.S - have you herd from Andy (seven stars) recently as i sent him a message but it doesnt seem to have got there??

I should have some vids and pix by the end of the day, weve got a good one of H bout7ft deep in water lol.. I recon the D lander would do very well down here, funnely enough the guy who ownes the land drives a V6 freelander, and manages to drive a good 70% of the site, if only because hes a complete nutcase :D

I spoke to Andy the other day, hes been on his facebook reguarly, do you have his new mobile number smo ?

sounds like you guys had a great day out, so anyone fancy taking it one stage further and doing a comp, one at Bampton, Tiverton next Sat, woudl be great to see some of you there (expect Jos.......) come and have a look see for future ref.