Congestion Charge....

rekab69

Hi,

Are we exempt from the con charge, as my 110 can carry 12x bodies..

Exemption is claimable for 9x seaters...

Any comments...

cheers

Dave

For now I believe you are but you need to apply for exemption.

There is a charge £10-20 I believe.

The rules are due to change in a year or two I remember reading somewhere.

Have a look on the website for details.

John

Guest diesel_jim

my 2001 12 seater can go into the conjestion zone for nothing, you have to download a form from CClondon yer 'tis and send it off with your logbook (as proof that it's 9+ seats)

then anually you get a free reminder you just send off, and thats it, nothing to pay.i've done it with my past 2 110's

i did a check yesterday on the upcoming charges.... my 110 is OK at the moment up to 2008, but from 2010 the Td5 won't be compliant (although this is emmissions and not number of seats)

That's right. The congestion charge is not levied on busses - you can register the 110 as a bus if it has 9+ seats.

However, from 2008, the LEZ (Low Emissions Zone) comes into effect that targets commercial diesel vehicles with £100 per day inside Greater London. You're only expempt if you get a particulate filter fitted.

I think there's some debate as to whether the 110 will be recognised as a commercial vehicle but it most certainly will if you register it as a bus!

I guess the thing to do would be to register it now and then take some seats out and re-register it next year.

I recently aquired a 110 9 seater. I looked into registering it to avoid the charge. There does not appear to be any cost, but you do need to prove its a 9 seater. The registration document is not enough. The MOT certificate which shows the number of seat belts as 9 or more is acceptable. Unfortunately for me the guy I bought the truck off had removed two seats before the MOT so I cannot use this. I plan to reinstall them before its next MOT so I have the necessary documents. I don't actually plan to drive into London, its more the principal of it.

I thought about this when I had the previous 110 which was originally a 12 seater (then reduced to a 9 seater).

One thing that put me off was that you should inform your insurance company if you have it registered as a 'bus' which could have costly implications - the other point was that I rarely drove into London.

If you change the taxation class to 'bus' you don't need to notify Tfl as all buses are automatically excempt from the congestion charge. Need 10 plus seats total to do this.

However, you may be better to keep it as a PLG tax class as a 12 seater and remove 3 seats in future as then technically a car may not fall foul of the LEZ (Low Emmision Zone) when it come in to effect. It looks at this stage the LEZ will apply to commercial vehicles, so M1 class (passenger vehicles) will be exempt with 9 seats or less. N1 certifies a commercial vehicle and M1 a passenger vehicle.

Of course, there could be some changes between now and then, but these seem to be the plans so far.

I run a minibus company in East London.

Rich

Technically with tax class 'bus' you can use most bus lanes too even if you are in your 110 12 seater on your own. :) Only ones marked for 'local service' you can't. It's a great way to get round and beat the traffic.

If you change the taxation class to 'bus' you don't need to notify Tfl as all buses are automatically excempt from the congestion charge. Need 10 plus seats total to do this.

However, you may be better to keep it as a PLG tax class as a 12 seater and remove 3 seats in future as then technically a car may not fall foul of the LEZ (Low Emmision Zone) when it come in to effect. It looks at this stage the LEZ will apply to commercial vehicles, so M1 class (passenger vehicles) will be exempt with 9 seats or less. N1 certifies a commercial vehicle and M1 a passenger vehicle.

Of course, there could be some changes between now and then, but these seem to be the plans so far.

I run a minibus company in East London.

Rich

Technically with tax class 'bus' you can use most bus lanes too even if you are in your 110 12 seater on your own. :) Only ones marked for 'local service' you can't. It's a great way to get round and beat the traffic.

Now THAT's worth knowing!

:lol:

Hi,

thanks for all of your replys...

Opened a can of worms with my insurance company today, thought I'd just check with them before I re registered my 110 with dvla as a 12x seater.

It's seems they only insure cars up to 6x seats so I would have to change my insurance with them.

Who do you guys use for insurance as I may well need a new company after I get off telling them where to shove their 6x seater policy...??

After pointing out that I hadn't "modified" my landie and it had left the factory with the capability to carry 12x bodies they have gone away to confer with their under writers, they were pleased to inform me that I was still insured until they have come back to me with their answer..... :angry::blink::huh::(

Why, oh why, oh why...???????

db

NFU.

Interesting subject and living only 30 miles north I may need to go inside the 'zone' one day. So I checked my V5c - nothing in the seating capacity box and nothing on the last MOT - where it says 'for all vehicles with more than 8 passenger seats' all three 'check' boxes just have N/A in them.

My 1998 110 CSW has 9 seats in it. 2 in the front, 3 in the second row and 4 individual fold up seats in the back. It probably had a centre seat in the front where the cubby box is now fitted when it left Solihul. Surely whoever did the last MOT would of seen the seats and tested the belts in the back and noted this on the MOT?

How can I get it registered? Am I missing something?

I'm insured with 'Firebond', well they are the underwriters.

MOT sheet will only show number of seats if the vehicle is a minibus or public service bus/coach, my V5 & MOt doesn't show seating capacity, & mine was originally a 12 seat 110CSW

So if I amend the V5c and send it off to Swansea with the number of seats stated all I need to do then is contact TFL and apply ? I don't remember my insurance broker asking for the number of seats.... so would a courtesy call not go a miss?

For the LEZ have a look at this thread. I am still waiting for a ruling on a 2001 90CSW as to whether they are classing it as commerical.

Martin

Hi All,

My monthly MG magazine has just highlighted this one to me:-

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsan...paces/5669.aspx

Never mind "exempt"...we'll all be paying £25 from next October if Red Ken get this new idea off the ground!!!!

Apparently the "consultation period" ends on the 19th of Oct 07 ...so get your views in quick.

Regards

Scrumps