Arghhhh spogs driving me mad

Hybrid_From_Hell

Last year,I gave them sprouts wrapped up in old sweet wrappers - Trick & Treat in one neat package!

Nice one, I will have to remember that too :D Doggy doo would be another viable option :lol:

02GF74, my response to "Trick or treat" would be similar but along the lines of "No, the options available are 'F**k off or get a thick ear'!!"

The first knock i opened the door and politely told a group of young girls I had nothing, so they left. Was wondering where the parents were as they looked about 10-11 and were wandering about Sheffield in the dark.

Half an Hour later i heard fireworks which sounded a bit close. looked out of the window to see four lads (of about 14) setting off all sorts of miniature explosives quite close to the land rover. was slightly worried one would get thrown in through the canvas so I made myself visible in the window. they noticed and i was politely asked 'wot u lookin a'. gave them my hardest teacher stare until they disappeared from view.

After that i decided to batten down the hatches. made it look like no one was in and not answer the door.

Its really not right being a grown man and actually afraid to open the door to kids. Theyre not that bad in school!

Matt

I was out on the drive last night trying to sort an electrical job.

Yoof: "Trick or treat?"

Me: "You look a bit old for that kind of thing."

Yoof: "I'm firteen"

Me: "Well you'll only get sweets here.... unless you know anything about car electrics."

Yoof, coming up and peering in: "Wot's this then? You a farmer?"

Me: (Exasperated silence)

Yoof: wanders off, already bored.

Trick or Treat - nasty American habit that should have been turned back at the port of entry as an undesirable.

If a group of families want to organise something between themselves and only knock on each others doors - fine

Jeeez...........this country really gets me p**s*d sometimes. Its OK one night a year to go around demanding money with menaces, but if you stand on a motorway bridge and take some photos (as was a Graphic Designer in Hants doing so for his work, which was reported in the news a couple of weeks ago) the Police issue you with a caution under the anti terror laws

Goth Prozzie - nice one :)

go around demanding money with menaces,

That is precicely what it is. Bet your life that if I did it there would be trouble - the kind that dresses in blue suits! I have no time for trick or treaters, just as well we are staying with the in-laws a long way from the village.

Chris

My solution was simple -

Glazed front door and slightly psychotic german shepherd / collie cross in the hall whilst we watched telly in the back!

Anyone touched the door bell and they got a close up of the hounds larynx!! B) B)

Yoofs begone I tell you!

Yoof: "Trick or treat Mister?"

Me: "I'll have a treat please!"

Yoof: <Puzzled look!>

Like it! :lol: We used to do pretty much the same a few years back when I was a student in Lancaster:

Kids: "Trick or treat!"

Us: "Trick."

Kids: "Trick or treat."

Us: "Trick."

Kids (bit uncertain now): "Trick or Treat?"

Us: "You don't have a trick, do you?"

Kids: "....?"

Fortunately we only got nice kids where we lived in Scotforth, usually the really titchy ones (suppose it was a bit cruel really :) ). Don't think I'd try that line in Birmingham...

Most amusing this year - one girl who knocked on the door by herself:

Kid: "Trick or Treat!"

Me: "I don't celebrate pagan festivals (etc.)"

Kid: "You have to give me something!"

Me: "No I don't."

Kid: "Yes you do."

Me: "No, I don't."

Kid (stamping foot): "YES! You DO!"

Me (grinning ear to ear by now): "No I don't. Go on, on your way."