Arghhhh spogs driving me mad

Hybrid_From_Hell

:angry:

Grrr Humph grumble....

I started work at 5.45 today, and finished when I go0t home around 6.30ish ++

Got in, started dinner,

Ping pong...

Some snivelly little S^7t at the door trick ot treating...........along with others.....politely said "Go away and leave me and my wife alone thankyou very much and tell your mates the same.....

Ping pong....

Snotty mother at the door, non approving of my disinterest....

30 secs later :

1. she had my view of her, ....her sprog .......and the total disregard I have for this "event" as she put it

2. I said she may have all the time in the world for this B^ll*cks but I have just got home after a 12 hour day and could do without it

3. If she wnats to dress up and look like a goth prozzie thats her call,,,but it does nothing for me

4. How come she will tell her snotty spogs to 99% of the time aviod stangers, don't talk to strangers and to always let her know all the time where they are, then on 1 night of the year allow them to go out and ring door bells of strangers who they don't know and have no idea of where they are ?

Snotty mum leaveth........

10 mins later

Ping pong

Snotty dad, started with

"I want a word with you"

ended with me walking forward and slighly losing it, ......he reversed off drive as I moved forward he got full commentary at 120 DB of the above...... plus my thoughts of him .....and his PC views,..... his snotty wife,..... and obnoxoius spog ......and how his whole family was a waste of skin...... and an irritant to me .......and how dare he ring me door bell,.......... and how much did he fancy hospital food and a visit to a dentist.

Biggest shock to him was when he foolishly grabbed me, .............he was around 6 ft plus, and I have (as JW) puts it the 'economy legs' at 5 8......biggest mistake of the evening / week / month for him..

Elderly neighbour (in 80's) came out with umbrealla to support me (bless) he had dog doo shove through his letterbox as he didn't ansewr doorbell from this guys sprogg he is sure, .............daddy didn't belive this - I do.............

Somehow I feel the chances of a chrsitams card are minimal from this chap :lol: ............I'll live with the loss :D ...he had a shock tonight I think, he should not have grabbed me.........

So, am I the only F big time grunmpy sod from all this PC nonsense ?

Nige

Expecti8ng to be flamed to oblivion :huh:

Nige

Nige, I'd agree with you; bl**dy towrags! I've occasionally had a neighbour's little one come round after thyey've asked if they could. I don't mind that. However, a gang of spotty teenagers that I don't know are not welcome, especially after a long day's work. It used to drive me mad when I lived in London; they were a real menace.

So, am I the only F big time grunmpy sod from all this PC nonsense ?

Nope :lol:

I tell 'em I don't celebrate the pagan festival of the dead. Didn't stop some of the little runts ducking under my arm and invading my house, though. I'm quite used to dealing with kids, but that would have been a very scary experience for a little old lady...

The really frightening thing is these kids were only about eight or nine - and they're going into a complete strangers house, uninvited. Luckily, my dog's too old and stupid to defend his patch...

Oh well Nige, looks like your kids aren't as pleasant as the ones we get.

In our current house and our last one it we had/have some decent kids near us so it was alright having them knock as you knew thier parents were with them and recognised them.

thankfully the toe rags have kept clear tonight, might have been the chat I had with one of them a few weeks ago :blink:

fingers crossed, touching wood, preparing iron bar and jerry can w/ matches :ph34r:

:lol: Had to laugh ... having just sent you the email I sent earlier (hadn't read this) :lol:

I haven't had any "audible" ones tonight but that could be because I unplugged the doorbell :rolleyes: I was in a bad mood all evening after what happened a couple of years ago (little barstewards switched the gas to my gas barbecue on and could have blown my 'kin house to smithereens had I not wisely twiddled the isolator on the gas bottle when I finished burning some meat the night before) but as it turned out it has been a quiet evening :) last year the little swines were running round the house banging on all the windows because I ignored them banging on the door.

I think for next year I am going to design a flamethrower just in case they come back B)

PS I think it was probably the "goth prozzie" bit that might have upset yours - I'll have to remember that insult for next year :lol::lol::lol:

I know Australia is a bit "different", but we don't have any of that nonsense at all. We've never had this trick or treat thing in our area ever.:huh: Strange really with the way Americanisation of everything seems to be rampant. :angry: It's not like we don't have the kids around either, place is full of poor little rich kids that get everything they want, no respect for anything and way too much time on their hands. :angry: Vandalising, graffitti spraying little snots.:angry: They're all fat and lazy, spend too much time with a Playstation in one hand and gawd knows what in the other <_< and as soon as they turn 16, mummy & daddy buy them an old V8 Commodore or worse, a Skyline or some other pile of imported oriental rabbit droppings, and they use that to terrorise the neighbourhood. :angry:

There, I feel better now already.:unsure:

Now in my day.... :lol:

I'm with you on that one Nige, however, I'm a lonely voice in our household , pressure from the kids & significant other but we do limit their visits to pre warned neighbours & thats about all we get in return.

I think its a load of Bull5hit, pagan & foreign to us, a recent import ,I hate to say from the US of A I think, arrived because the local bargain barns saw the chance to fleece some more of my hard earned cash off me.

rubbish to the whole thing :angry::angry:

Cheers, Steve.

PS Enjoyed your version much better I must say :D:D

What gets me in this situation is that the parents beleive the kids 1st you had the mother then the father after the kids had had a winge ............. I agree it is annoying trick or treat from the states is'nt it says it all really............... my grandson only went to his friends house to do it which is fair enough but I agree its bloody annoying after a hard days graft to have the door being knocked time after time

Steve

Trick or treat is American. Kids in this country just exploit it because they get money.

Round here if you don't give them money they pelt your house with flour and eggs. I think you're supposed to give them sweets. However if you offer them sweets, they say "can't you give us some money instead".

My friends kids get 50p, but that's all. They all 'share' information about who is paying, and it can open the floodgates.

364 days of the year if you offer children sweets, you are some kind of perv.

On Hallowe'en you do it and you're a nice bloke - bluddy wierd or what?

Same at Xmas - getting a kiss on the cheek from an old man is gross 364 days a year.

Sitting on an old mans lap is gross 364 days of the year

Xmas - that's ok.

Teaching kids that its VERY BAD to have strangers in the house/bedroom except on Xmas eve, when this fat, hairy old man is going to sneak into your bedroom in the middle of the night while you are asleep.......................................................And Mummy and Daddy know about it! :o

Les. :)

Brilliant Nige, I'm going to email that to the missus so she can 'share' it in the school staff room. :D

Up our way they used to be referred to as "guisers" when I was a kid, anybody that didn't want distrubed just put a note on the door "No Guisers" and they were left alone, I don't expect that would have had much effect with your locals though.

I'm all for it.

Of the five kids in the village old enough to come round, four are only just old enough so there mum/nanny come round with them. Both very attractive and charming young ladies.

My wife was out at a works quiz do so me and the small child made fruit punch and made some mulled wine for the nanny and mum.

Perks of living in the country I suppose...

I don't agree with with Halloween, what ever happened to "Penny for the Guy ?"

But I got kids, and despite being a killjoy over Halloween, its what they do nowadays.

The kids around our way are nice and polite, so handing over a few sweets keeps everything nice'n'happy.

What were the parents thinking coming back to face you off ? I'd never do that, and I'd never expect it.

Yoof: "Trick or treat Mister?"

Me: "I'll have a treat please!"

Yoof: <Puzzled look!>

>goth prozzie

I'd not thought of it like that! :)

Last year,I gave them sprouts wrapped up in old sweet wrappers - Trick & Treat in one neat package!

This year we had a group of children from the 'other end of town' - probably in fact the other end of the street - demanding treats (read cash). The parents? were sitting in a people carrier along the road presumably waiting to pounce on anyone offering to show their children some puppies or something!

Maybe a crow scarer treat next year?

After the first visit I went & hid in the workshop!

Si

We had none at all last night or even the past two years.

Turns out they are too scared to walk right down to the unlit end of the village. Plus the fact you walk into our drive that serves three houses, each had a barking dog and we live opposite the cemetery. That might have something to do with it? :lol:

But Nige. Good on yah!

In all seriousness.

I am all for well behaved kids knocking at my door and as most of you know ours is an open house and all are welcome.

However bad behaviour and bad manners are something i cannot abide.

Whatever some on here may think of me, i dont think they could say that my children have not been brought up to behave well

Manners are something many parents have forgotten to teach their children.

Many times i have seen/heard both parents and child being so very rude for no reason what so ever, as if it is the "normal" thing to do.

It makes my blood boil!!!!!! MANNERS COST NOTHING.