8274 into this bumper?

JST

No Tony, its just the thought process.

once the xd is fixed i am after something that will last longer than 12mths before needing another overhaul.

So will an 8274 fit in this? whats the distance between the mouting holes top to bottom that the winch needs? to note an X9 will fit here so put another way anyone now have an 8274 in a bumper that used to run an X9 or equivalent.

115_1543.jpg

Winch8274willitfitbumper.jpg

117_1746.jpg

Tony - where is your solenoid pack mounted?

All these additional disk brakes etc, do most people operate them manually? is there any way to make it operate when the winch motor isn't working?

Mounting pattern is the same 10" by 4.5" as yours, you'll need about 2" between lower mount hole and base of bumper. Main problem maybe depth. I think you need about 9-9.5" between face of bumper and back of winch. Can't measure mine as I've no longer got it. ;)

Tony is using an allbright solenoid, mounted in the wing behind light IIRC. My solenoid was mounted in battery box.

Disc brake additions that I have seen are normally manually operated so can work whenever.

Cheers

Steve

Can't measure mine as I've no longer got it. ;)

:):):D

Tony is using an allbright solenoid, mounted in the wing behind light IIRC. My solenoid was mounted in battery box.

Steve

James,, welcome to pop over and have a measure up, when you get 10 mins !!

Tim

James, the minimum you'll have to do is cut a small nick out of the top lip of you're bumper to stop the gearbox fowling.

Making an adaitional brake act as you suggest is possible; it just needs something that is operated by a soliniod that engages when the winch soiliniod dissengages. Personally, I wouldn't do that, though. Most times you don't need the additional winch brake engaged perminantly when no power is applied and its sometimes useful to use the brake while winching (ie lowering down).

James,

Yours looks like a BRB bumper - if so, that's what my 8274 is mounted into.

The mounting holes had to be redrilled about 20mm higher, and an inch long section cut from the top rail lip thingy.

Other than that, it'll go straight in.

My Allbrights are mounted on the top of the engine bay, on the same side as the washer bottle. It has a big flap of rubber over it to stop the bonnet shorting the contact points out. That way, it's nice and high and out of the water, and easy to wire up etc.

Well having just potentaily writted off my £500 commuting car i now have time to wait for the insurance companies to ring whilst i they sort things out.

So back to bumper, Cutting that lump out agreed would destroy the bumper integrity, so asuming that there is enough depth to allow it could spacers be used so the gearbox cleared the lip? Huskys for example oare moutned on spacers as they dont have flat bottoms, so presume this should casue too much of an issue.

the holes on mine would def need moving up to allow fitment. i am assuming though that the respective drums are in roughly the same place therefore the letter box could/would stay where it was?

If you use a spacer block all you need is some old V8 head bolt because there longer than the ones that the 8274 comes with but have the same thread patten.

8274's don't use special bolts. Unless, there'some different ones I haven't seen. Just use longer HT bolts with new nyloc's

Cheers

Steve :)

While I was fitting my new 8274/50 last year in the garden I did not have any new nylocks so I needed to use the factory nut supplyed. as V8 engines are not in short supply in my garden I used them and they were a perfict fit (frog told me when I moaned about the carp bolts they supplied with the adaptor kit for the ARB bumper that did not fit the squar headed nuts in the winch housing)

While I was fitting my new 8274/50 last year in the garden I did not have any new nylocks so I needed to use the factory nut supplyed. as V8 engines are not in short supply in my garden I used them and they were a perfict fit (frog told me when I moaned about the carp bolts they supplied with the adaptor kit for the ARB bumper that did not fit the squar headed nuts in the winch housing)

Ah got it now, I thought maybe there were some 8274's out there that had drilled casings for the bolts to go into.

Cheers

Steve

Tim

cheers for the info. XD now fixed (for the moment until it get sover used again) i expect i will run with my std bumper and an 8274 (mid next year possibility for purchase)

more importantly so whats the new beast and is it coming along on the 4 Dec? Ibex?

Tim

cheers for the info. XD now fixed (for the moment until it get sover used again) i expect i will run with my std bumper and an 8274 (mid next year possibility for purchase)

more importantly so whats the new beast and is it coming along on the 4 Dec? Ibex?

well someone had to buy it !!! see hybrid

Had a chance to look her over today,, and a test run, loads of water :D:D , a little bit to do, but will be out for Seven Sisters, and the 4th ;)

Tim

Tim

you lucky lucky man looks bloody smart and alot of work gone into it - could do with a cage though! and rear winch, with some nice alli lockers for kit.

Whats the thoughts keeping it as a rag top?

am looking forward to my trip on the 4th already, will bring some warm clothes!!!!

The greenlaning trip on exmoor/quantocks Scottydo is taking us on, the one you are/were coming along on!

any better? get the mail ref logs?

Warn now fixed.

Husky apparantly needs alot of remedial work, its got a lower gear ratio than std as well apparantly, is that the commercial rating bit, hence the different flap as well. Free spool lever has worn internally (somewhere) giving lots of lateral movement.

lastest i was told is that it may be cheaper to get another one.......................cant believe that

Oops I forgot that!

If they are quoting silly money to repair collect it and get Phil at PG to look at it

he is a really decent bloke and I'm sure will sort it for you.

still rough hopefully will be right by the end of this week.

logs yes thanks Ill be there asap to collect