Silly supplier question

Can I ask who the 'Orange People' are?

I've seen them referred to in various orange based guises on several topics but I have no idea who they are, can someone fill me in?

On the subject of suppliers does anyone know of a list of good suppliers for parts?

I look at paddocks and craddocks and famous four when I need bits and go to dingocrofts if I need something at short notice but it would be good to get a fuller list of suppliers to compare products with.

Many thanks

Steve

I had figured that whoever the nasty orange people were they weren't to be trusted or used, that comes abundantly clear from the forum and having read that post you linked to Fridge i can see why they're disliked so much.

That's certainly one I can rule off the supplier list then

When I first dealt with the 'Orange People' about 8-years ago they were very good and I had no hesitation about going back to them but since then I have had several poor experiences and will no-longer have any dealings with them.

They are ok when you want to buy something but the customer service & after-care just does not exist in my opinion.

With regards to other suppliers, the magazines are packed with dealers who want to sell you parts and I am not aware of any of them (apart from the one already mentioned) being worse than another.

Always worth checking the manufacture of a part before making a decision, you don't want to turn away from a genuine or OE part from one dealer because someone else is selling a cheap pattern copy for a few £ less. I am currently in the market for some swivels and am ensuring I am checking like for like when costing up.

I have dealt with many mail-order dealers over the years but the ones I would certainly deal with again are:- Paddocks, DLS, JC, LR Orphanage to name but a few. Over the counter I occasionally use Rogers of Bedford and Dingocroft though I usually try to buy my parts mail-order as there are significant savings to be made.

When I first dealt with the 'Orange People' about 8-years ago they were very good and I had no hesitation about going back to them but since then I have had several poor experiences and will no-longer have any dealings with them.

They are ok when you want to buy something but the customer service & after-care just does not exist in my opinion.

With regards to other suppliers, the magazines are packed with dealers who want to sell you parts and I am not aware of any of them (apart from the one already mentioned) being worse than another.

Always worth checking the manufacture of a part before making a decision, you don't want to turn away from a genuine or OE part from one dealer because someone else is selling a cheap pattern copy for a few £ less. I am currently in the market for some swivels and am ensuring I am checking like for like when costing up.

I have dealt with many mail-order dealers over the years but the ones I would certainly deal with again are:- Paddocks, DLS, JC, LR Orphanage to name but a few. Over the counter I occasionally use Rogers of Bedford and Dingocroft though I usually try to buy my parts mail-order as there are significant savings to be made.

Thanks Litch, you've mentioned a few more i can check on.

Thanks

fir all the responses

ive always found Martin Motors, Rebel, Auto post, and Paddocks very good..

scrapiron arnt too bad if you go in there and deal face to face with the Staff which i have done a few times, popped in last week as i was working in the area and was offered a cuppa etc even though i didnt buy anything just got a price on some Simex's, but its the under handed antics that keep coming up that would stop me buying from them unless i was really stuck...

i dont like the way the comics suck up to them either...

ive always found Martin Motors, Rebel, Auto post, and Paddocks very good..

I've always found paddocks good for what they are - you can phone them up for a part and 99% of the time no matter how obscure it is, they will have it, it'll be about as cheap as you can find it, and it'll be with you ASAP. However, you can't rely on them to deliver when they say they will, you can't rely on them to get your order 100% correct (unless you can quote them a list of part numbers, which I try to always do these days), and you can't rely on "we'll send that part as soon as it comes in in the next couple of days". If they don't have it there and then, you ain't getting it. Their used parts prices are sometimes a bit way out too.