Puncture repair kits

white90

i've got one of those, its made by ARB.

Got it from Devon 4x4 at the L2B run for £35.

I've used it once and its really good, took only a couple of mins to pull the nail out, prep the hole and stuff some repair cord in it.

the tyre didn't even have a chance to deflate.

It only works for 'puncture' wounds in the the tread, you cant fix side-wall slashes or big rips...

I'd certainly recommend it, but I believe they are actually illegal for road tyres in the UK...

Yes they are not a legal way of repairing a tubeless road going tyre , but they are handy , I have been using them for years on plant , they call it "slugging" in the trade .

unfortunatly some Tyre fitters use this as a permanent repair , I ve seen some real horror stories , especialy on HGV tyres :angry:

I carry a few slugs in the Land rover , just in case .

I have one tony

Bought out here before i went round Aus, Have not used it yet

There are a must have for touring out here. Having a 3rd flat in the mddle of nowhere(as you have to have 2 spares anyway) when you are 500 miles away for the nearest tyres reapir shop , or person for that matter. Then you don't give a carp if its not road legal :rolleyes:

They are made for Aus anyway and not the Uk

It seems that everything is illegal in the UK apart from paying tax :P

:lol: thats about right :lol:

I have one but its a emergency thing its handy but I got it working on the princible that I could bodge up a tyre if all else failed on a event and could get home on a repair.

I am quite a fan of slime in the tyres, although I am not certain if this is road legal or not. There is some suggestion that it can hide potentially dangerous damage in the tyre. It does mean that you never get tyre deflation though as it will fix a hole up to 6mm. I use it in the quad, my bike and my trailer.

Chris

I am quite a fan of slime in the tyres, although I am not certain if this is road legal or not. There is some suggestion that it can hide potentially dangerous damage in the tyre. It does mean that you never get tyre deflation though as it will fix a hole up to 6mm. I use it in the quad, my bike and my trailer.

Chris

I used to keep a couple of cans in the challenge truck as i would rather pump two cans into a simex with an inner tube. Than change a 35" simex whilst up to my knees in carp, and in the middle of an event :)

When I say slime, I mean pre-puncture sealants like this, not the cans of foam.

Chris

The slime is suppose be very good I have bought rims with tyres on that have had it in and they have worn out and not suffered from punctures but its hard to know if you would have had a puncture if you didn't have the slime..

Used slime earlier this year and whilist we did not get any punctures the wheel viberations were really bad.

We were using 35/12.5/15 Bfg Mud terrians, these tyre do not usaully shake your car to bits, but they do with slime (Other brands are available :lol: )

Jim :)

Used slime earlier this year and whilist we did not get any punctures the wheel viberations were really bad.

We were using 35/12.5/15 Bfg Mud terrians, these tyre do not usaully shake your car to bits, but they do with slime (Other brands are available :lol: )

Jim :)

Jim, you sure thats not the big lumps of mud stuck inside your rims :lol:

Ive used for the past 3 years 500ml in each tyre on my bfg muds 265/75r16 and ive never had any vibrations, or punctures :) how much you been putting in?

Jim, you sure thats not the big lumps of mud stuck inside your rims :lol:

Ive used for the past 3 years 500ml in each tyre on my bfg muds 265/75r16 and ive never had any vibrations, or punctures :) how much you been putting in?

I was looking at some the other day. But is does say on the bottle that it can make the tyre unable to be balanced which put me off a bit