50mm Tracmat Waffles... top service

Guys,

Just thought I would point out a good source of waffles...

http://www.gratingcompany.co.uk

They did me a set of Trac Mat 50mm waffles for £100 delivered... Slight delay in delivery as I ordered a few days before christmas...oops!

Arrived in good order and very well packaged- Not used them in anger yet so will report back when I do but they do look to be good quality and well finished- looking at their site they seem to know a few things about GRP!

Dealt with someone called clare all via email- very helpful.

Cheers,

Shrek

Bit late to say I could have gotten you a set for half that, delivered to one of JSTs events! ;)

38mm for £40. Large bits available so you can cut to your chosen size. Some argue that there are various grades of GRP but these seem to work well enough and survived the Tay challenge with some misuse :lol: I have access to quite a bit but at £40 I am making next to nothing on them and postage is not something I really want to get into.........

Mark

Bit late to say I could have gotten you a set for half that, delivered to one of JSTs events! ;)

38mm for £40. Large bits available so you can cut to your chosen size. Some argue that there are various grades of GRP but these seem to work well enough and survived the Tay challenge with some misuse :lol: I have access to quite a bit but at £40 I am making next to nothing on them and postage is not something I really want to get into.........

Mark

Hi Mark,

Bu@@er :o ... Oh well... Would be nice to compare the two side by side and see if there really is any difference? As I say these do seem to be pretty solid but can't really tell without the landy standing on them- I am sure I will soon test them properly :D Will be at a James DRD on the 20th Jan in a mates truck and then in my own for the 2008 challenge series.

Cheers

Shrek

What's your oppinion on the surface type of these waffle boards? I believe most of you use the "gritted"-type surface. But I've found some waffles without that "gritted" surface (cheapper than the gritted ones). They look like this (click the image for high-resolution):

tn_dscf2944.jpg

Will they provide enough traction? I believe they will, and that the difference in traction between the two types isn't enough to justify the price difference. But what do you think? BTW, I've never used waffles before...

I got x2 50mm sets collected by the good captain pugwash for around £90.they have been very strong so far, the orig D44 ones broke in two so were dumped, they cost £150 way way back

the chap was importing them in the bucket load- do you still have his contact details?

iirc his main business was iporting DIY A/C kit based in bournemouth.

my waffle board are from the same place as where you had them from mmtr

had mine for nearly 3 years now and they still aint snapped

they have been thourghly abused aswel

so quite happy

as a price comparison though, they cost me 80 quid inc vat IIRC

dan

had mine for nearly 3 years now and they still aint snapped

they have been thourghly abused aswel

The good news! :D

as a price comparison though, they cost me 80 quid inc vat IIRC

Followed by the bad! :(

I will just tell myself that it is just down to inflation!!! I am easily confused so it won't take log to convince myself happy again!! :D

Cheers

Shrek

BTW these are the gritted type which I would suggest will offer more traction than the grooved type?- I am sure an adult will correct me if I am wrong? :huh:

I will just tell myself that it is just down to inflation!!! I am easily confused so it won't take log to convince myself happy again!! :D

Cheers

Shrek

BTW these are the gritted type which I would suggest will offer more traction than the grooved type?- I am sure an adult will correct me if I am wrong? :huh:

i really doubt that the grip offered makes that much difference to two tonnes of landrover.

paul

Cheers

Shrek

yes, mine are gritted on one side and normal strand finish on the other

yer the price hike is do to inflation on everything

the price of raw fiberglass and resin atm is horrific ( work in marine trade )

dan