Any double cab owners?

Where are the legs that go to the chassis.

Bear in mid that over time Land Rover moved from cages (as on the SV and 50th) to "windscreen protectors" (Black and G4). Basically late ones are cosmetic only.

From memory the Tomb Raider had a "roof rack support system" although its been a while since I saw one. I dont think it ever had chassis mounts on it although should be easy enough to make.

The cage on the "Tombraider" is all for show, there are no extensions legs to the chassis

I was told that Safety Devices had built these cages for LR, but when I checked I was told they were manufactured by LR themselves

I know this because I was trying to find where i could purchase the extensions to the chassis

This seems to be an odd one, I have a Tomb Raider with a cage or whatever you want to call it made in 2mm thick steel and it has correct chassis extensions fitted at the factory, others I have seen are made in either 1.5mm or the same 2mm and most do not have the chassis support extensions :blink::blink:

I think maybe they made the first batch and then got legal cold feet and changed spec and description OR maybe SD made the first batch and LR the rest??? Is a strange situation though.

Lara.

May have the answer,

The dealer here in Belgium told me that the earlier TRs they supplied were supplied to them without the cages and chequer plate etc and they had to fit all the bits and some parts were supplied to them dirrect from the suppliers of said bits, I think it may have been a LR decision not to fit the other cage bits if or when they bottled out of the Roll Cage isue, still not explaining the wall thickness though, but that could easily be explained by a change in specs some time during production.

Lara.