Oil be in trouble then

Exmoor Beast

Take the carpets down to halfords and colour match them, you simply blend the oil in then :D:lol:

Steam cleaner? maybe try washing them ata petrol station with one of there hot wax jobbies? buy new carpets?

2 ways-

1. Deepio which is a commercial grade degreaser- cust through just about any oil/grease known to man. It's a powder so you sprinkle it on and then wash it out- available from wholesalers (i presume you are a cash/carry customer somewhere?). Extremely useful for general kitchen cleaning and engine degreasing.

2. Ask you frienly local dry cleaners for some Clean Perc- make sure you use a mask. but it should disolve the residue quite effectively. you will need to give the carpet a wash afterwards.

Petrol works a treat too- it's what some old fashioned dry cleaning shops used to use- and in india they still do! it's surprisinly gentle on textiles, although you need to make sure it is really really well washed out, and preferably use some of the cheap stuff as the top of the line stuff has too many additives!

a little clipping from the "the Hindu"- india's national newspaper in 2002 says:

In dry cleaning, cleansing is achieved by the action of a solvent, which dissolves out the sticky matter due to its like nature. Dry cleaning fluids serve as a vehicle to carry away the soil. Camphene, naphtha, benzene, benzol, petrol, carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene and tetrachloroethylene are some of the frequently used dry cleaning fluids.

all of these were banned in the UK at least 30 years ago ! eek

it goes on to say:

dry cleaning is not widely undertaken, as the solvents used are costly and extremely combustible.

Doesn't stop them using Petrol in oil drums over burners to clean clothes- watching them do it is a scary scary scary proposition!

OK then remove carpet from Discovery lay on living room floor cut around the Disco edge and just swap them over. Then blame the kids, dog, neighbor for the oil in the living room. :P

Foxminer.

:hysterical:

are you trying to get EB killed, cos that would definitly work if Mrs EB caught him :o

My wife managed to spill 5l of EP90 onto the boot carpet of her SJ once. No amount of cleaning would get the smell out. :(

Chris

Ahhh.. But I bet the boot never rusted out!

EB might have come up with top tip No. 1029 for stopping Discovery bodies rusting.

Excellent! I will use the rust prevention tactic, swearing it was deliberate ;) Might get my sentance reduced to 6 months in the doghouse rather than death by gooley crushing or starvation.

At least engine oil doesn't smell like EP90. The smell of EP90 is one of Lucys hates about my 110 ;)

Will :)

At least engine oil doesn't smell like EP90. The smell of EP90 is one of Lucys hates about my 110 ;)

It was one of our hates about the SJ! Still, when the SJ's gearbox became unbearably noisy I managed to swap it for a S2a V8. :)

Chris