Dave Haynes Birthday Bash, Charity day

jules

It's very late but I'll stick a couple of pictures up. An excellent day, thanks to all who attended, and thanks to Dave for doing the event. Initially it looks like over £700 has been raised for charity which is a great result.

It was only a matter of time when Guy turned up in the RR "going to take it gently":

post-21-1205110714_thumb.jpg

Some faces and vehicles that haven't been seen about for a very long time:

post-21-1205111066_thumb.jpg

post-21-1205111148_thumb.jpg

post-21-1205111187_thumb.jpg

I think Jen's enjoying herself:

post-21-1205111227_thumb.jpg

Hahah! Yes, it was excellent as usual. I love FF's 109 B) :wub: I had a great day driving everyone else's vehicles: Steve's Disco, Dan's Freelander, the 109 and of course Mike's TomCat. Not bad eh?

Excellent day, good to see everyone and I think the total was £750.something ... which was superb I think B) Thanks to everyone who came along and especially those that paid for the day *and* made a donation. Nice one Dave for a superb idea B)

Right, I gotta go to Stratford - a whole week away from the garage :(

Just wanted to add my thanks to all those who turned up and made the day a great success, and not to forget those who donated even though they couldn't make it on the day.

I had a bloody brilliant day, and I think everyone else did too :D

Special thanks to the Shires committee and marshalls for taking my idea and running with it, leaving me with nothing to do but pay the bill and play in the mud :lol:

Enough of the Oscars speech - who's got more photos?

(Not so secret anymore) Dave

I had a great time again, thanks. Took a few piccies, shot a bit of film (even though I forgot to bring my tripod to attach the camera to the Discovery....doh!). Film might be a little late in getting onto YouTube due to my laptop throwing a wobbly everytime I start the editing software going. I need to upgrade.

Anywho, added a couple of new battle scars to the bodywork from some high-sided chalky bits. Nearly got stuck twice, but managed to get out (no-one saw that :)). Fell on my @rse once (someone saw that but didn't have his camera handy :)). Reversed into something a couple of times (only witnessed once though, so technically it only happened once :ph34r: ).

Looking forward to next time, when hopefully I'll have a better camera mounting system (roll on payday on the 15th!).

Anywho, added a couple of new battle scars to the bodywork from some high-sided chalky bits. Nearly got stuck twice, but managed to get out (no-one saw that :)). Fell on my @rse once (someone saw that but didn't have his camera handy :)). Reversed into something a couple of times (only witnessed once though, so technically it only happened once :ph34r: ).

Normal day at Bricklyn Farm then :lol:

Next time you see Jules ask him about the time when we were running the club and had a day there and Guy Shepard had his first off road day there :lol::lol::lol:

Reversed into something a couple of times (only witnessed once though, so technically it only happened once :ph34r: ).

I saw you reversing, heard the sound of something breaking, but couldn't see what you hit - so it would be unfair to mention it.

.... oh, bu66er! ;)

More photies:

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20009.jpg

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20011.jpg

Someone could take a tyre off the bead here...

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20023.jpg

...Rich proves the point :lol:

IMG_1984.jpg

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20027.jpg

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20026.jpg

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20029.jpg

Sisters doing it for themselves - in Steve's new Disco:

IMG_1988.jpg

Oops:

IMG_1996.jpg

Another one - knocking tyres off was very popular for some reason:

IMG_2001.jpg

Bubble machine field testing:

IMG_2060.jpg

Wheels in the air:

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

Do you mean this picture:

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20023.jpg

In which case this was the problem:

Brick%20Kiln%2009-03-08%20021.jpg

As Rich proved with the DLander, very easy to pop a tyre off the bead there :(

Or do you mean this picture:

IMG_2100.jpg

In which case not much loud pedal was required - a few torques and putting the difflocks in makes for a more relaxing experience :P

I saw you reversing, heard the sound of something breaking, but couldn't see what you hit - so it would be unfair to mention it.

.... oh, bu66er! ;)

Surely you wouldn't be commenting on someone elses reversing would you :ph34r:

.... oh, bu66er! ;)

I would like to point out that I only reversed into trees on Sunday. No-one else's Land Rover was harmed in anyway whatsoever by any fore or aft movement of my Discovery :P

Apart from a couple of new scratches either side, the only damage done is a little crack in the plastic trim below the left-hand headlight and indicator unit.

post-312-1205187194_thumb.jpg

post-312-1205187058_thumb.jpg

Nice one with the photo's jules.

That was me in the red bobtail stuck entering the water. Slid into the wrong line then I was committed! A bit embaressing really - oh well!

If you dont get stuck your not trying hard enough!

It was a good day chaps ta very muchly...

Nice one with the photo's jules.

That was me in the red bobtail stuck entering the water. Slid into the wrong line then I was committed! A bit embaressing really - oh well!

If you dont get stuck your not trying hard enough!

It was a good day chaps ta very muchly...

Second that...that was me anchoring Andy's winch motor. A good site - only bust a wing mirror!

Nice one Shires! HBLRO take a leaf out of their book!!!