Badger Coachworks Seat Covers for Defender

Hi Everyone, I read elsewhere on this forum about top class seat covers for a Defender from US company Badger Coachworks. Does anyone know of a UK supplier of these? Or, has anyone experience of ordering from US? Also, anyone know if the seats in the new Defender 110 S/W are the same as previous ones?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Everyone, I read elsewhere on this forum about top class seat covers for a Defender from US company Badger Coachworks. Does anyone know of a UK supplier of these? Or, has anyone experience of ordering from US? Also, anyone know if the seats in the new Defender 110 S/W are the same as previous ones?

Cheers

Mike

The new (2007) seats are completely different.

If you're referring to the front seats, i wasn't aware the front seats in the 07 models are any different from the previous Td5 model.

Was referring to the front seats, I agree they look the same. I was asking 'cos of the seat cover enquiry which might make a difference to who to get them from.

Cheers

The basic seat is the same but the foam in the '07 has a different density.

Really? They seem completely different.

Then again, I'm going from county cloth seats to XS part leather jobbies.

The back seats are very different and much better. They're actually quite comfortable!

Yes I have a set on the nas, bought them from Chris at Badger in the States along with one of his superior soft-tops and bikini top.

With the current good exchange rate will be good value. As far as I can find they are the only 3 piece seat covers available. I tried the one size fits all-over from UK suppliers and everytime I needed to get into the seat box it was a fight with the seat cover. The quality from Badger is excellent with a capital E :lol:

There was no importer 4 years ago when I bought the bits for my nas deal direct with Chris, you will have to pay carriage, import and vat but very worthwhile kit.

Cheers

Mike

If you fill-out your profile so we can see where in the world you live, members could suggest a trial fit of said covers to new members Def 110 :lol:

If you fill-out your profile so we can see where in the world you live, members could suggest a trial fit of said covers to new members Def 110 :lol:

Hi, thanks for your responses. I wondered how the hell you all had more info displayed. Excuse me as a newbie, have updated now!

Yes I have a set on the nas, bought them from Chris at Badger in the States along with one of his superior soft-tops and bikini top.

With the current good exchange rate will be good value. As far as I can find they are the only 3 piece seat covers available. I tried the one size fits all-over from UK suppliers and everytime I needed to get into the seat box it was a fight with the seat cover. The quality from Badger is excellent with a capital E :lol:

There was no importer 4 years ago when I bought the bits for my nas deal direct with Chris, you will have to pay carriage, import and vat but very worthwhile kit.

Hmmmm

I have been looking at some new seat covers as mine are / have falling apart :lol:

These do seem to fit well, and seem vvv nice, one question you may be able to help with is are they waterproof or water resistant ?

What sort of material finsih are they ?

For me I seemed to have narrowed it down to either the Exmoor trim ones or these you have - did you look at the ET ones ?- what swayed you to the badger ones ?

Nige :unsure:

Hmmmm

I have been looking at some new seat covers as mine are / have falling apart :lol:

These do seem to fit well, and seem vvv nice, one question you may be able to help with is are they waterproof or water resistant ?

What sort of material finsih are they ?

For me I seemed to have narrowed it down to either the Exmoor trim ones or these you have - did you look at the ET ones ?- what swayed you to the badger ones ?

Nige :unsure:

Nige

For the only reason that they are 3 piece and I can take out the seat to get to the box underneath, because I have a nas and rear fuel tank both seat boxes are useful storage ares.

Once they were fitted I realised what good quality they are against the c**p you can buy at Billing for £20 ish

The nas has pockets at the back of the seat for maps etc and the Badger covers have zips to not only hold the cover in place but to gain access to the seat back.

When they get muddy it is a 30 second job to take them off and shove in the washing machine at low temp. Drip dry in a few hours, don't rip, don't sag, fit absolutely perfectly and designed and stitched by Chris in the States who has made many a canvas bit for a Series to Defender, could say they are the dogs bo**ocks! :lol:

Badger Interior Coachworks (USA)

http://www.badgercoachworks.com/

Tel (001) 508 394 2680

Fax (001) 508 760 2281

I have imported items from the US and Canada without any problems, just pay with your credit card. Use a parcel company with a tracking system.

A detailed looking at the Badger site revealed this statement:-

'We are now offering replacement seat covers and replacement foam for the Defender seats. These are made by Exmoor Trim in the U.K. . You can order these and install them yourself or have us install you foam and covers. Remember that we are also an experience upholstery shop. Sometimes the covers can be difficult to install and we can offer good insight and advice before you make a mistake and damage those new covers while trying to install them.'

Are the Exmoor Trim replacements an alternative offer to the Badger made covers or now days the only option I wonder?

John