RRC heater matrix

bazza

I believe it's as simple as obtaining a range rover and installing it around the heater matrix as that's how they did it at the factory. In short, a royal PITFA of a job.

What he said^

Its the reason for many a sale of Radweld and the like, it might work, it might not, but usually a temporary fix anyway.

My elegant solution was to hit the dash with an angle grinder:

post-400-1202847926_thumb.jpg

What he said^

Its the reason for many a sale of Radweld and the like, it might work, it might not, but usually a temporary fix anyway.

My elegant solution was to hit the dash with an angle grinder:

post-400-1202847926_thumb.jpg

Like the idea :blink: , but i think im gonna go for the screwdrivers and spanners affair! :lol:

Takes about a FULL day, BTDT ;)

^^^ What he said. Took a fairly long day to do mine. It isn't particularly difficult, but you have to dismantle the entire dash to get to it. If you follow the instructions in the Haynes manual they are mostly okay, although they will at times tell you to remove bits you can't actually get to yet (ie. they're in the wrong order).

On the plus side, you can reassemble the dash a lot better than the production line monkeys did it and get rid of a few rattles :lol:

Oh - don't fanny about with second hand heater matrixes like I did. You won't save enough money to be worth the hassle, and with a new one you know you won't have to do it again.

I believe it's as simple as obtaining a range rover and installing it around the heater matrix as that's how they did it at the factory. In short, a royal PITFA of a job.

:rofl:

I've replaced a few and thats how it feels

I have a LSE with a good heater in it if you intrested..

If you want to keep using it without continually losing water, you can disconnect the in and out pipes and join them together (a bit of 12mm copper tube does the trick). May get a bit chilly, but better than oveheating that V8 :) . You can then fix it at your leisure.

PAH!!! you lot were scaring me!

whipped the heater out in 40 minutes! matrix was out on the bench in another 10 :P..................

Guess it did help that i hadn't put half the dash back in after the recent gearbox and master cylinder change!! :lol::lol:

Comfirmed my theory, the matrix was knackered! new one for £40 :) what a bargain :D .

Baz

You notice Baz does not actually say he has put the dash back in.

If he left half out on the last job then I'm betting the other half has joined the pile somewhere.

Steve

Damn, i've been sussed!

I like to call it pre planning! :lol::lol:

Baz

• 2 weeks later...
And you had the cheek to question my "elegant" solution! :o

All done ;)

Even put the dash board back in! Lovely. Only problem was the Britpart heater matrix needed a bit af tweeking to get the pipes in the right place.

mmmm Warm non stinky air good! :rolleyes: