Which is the odd one out???!!!

Strega

Hi guys, have just noticed that the floor layout of my rangy is different from most others I have seen!

Where the base of the rear seat fits mine slopes forward at 45 degrees from the boot level to the passenger floor level, most I have now seen go straight down!

Does any of this make sense???

Reckon it's important you get this one sorted, even if it's only to foil Deano's evil moderating :D

The real reason is that I think the rear floor length is different between the sloping and non sloping cars. As I was saying in the thread about the rear floors my '73 needed a replacement and I duely whipped the floor out of a 1990 model, when I tried to fit, it came up nealy a foot short of the rear seat base.

So basically if you have a slopey type floor then you need a slopey type rear floor (from hence to be referred to as such) and if you have a straight type floor you need a straight type rear floor :lol:

Those slopey floor 2 door owners are undesirables to say the least :rolleyes:

:lol:

guys, guys, Rangerovers only ever came in either 2 or 4 door as technically I suppose they don't have a single door as the tailgate as its split so thats the end of the door worries. To add to the floor worries I have 2 x 2 door rangie's a 78 and a 83, the 78 is a flat front to the rear seats and the 83 is a sloped one. I can see no reason as to why underneath so the question is still when did they change and for why. well the when is a matter for the anoraks out there bu the why MAY be that it is stronger to have a angle like that when forming the floor and uses less metal and is pressed easier so that may be why but we need to ask all those 2 door rangie to look as to what they have and let us know the year we may be able to find one with a slopy and one with a flat in the same year and we then have our timeframe. But to tell the truth i aint interested, it works and that's that. Simon

I thought it might be to do with the one piece floor but they did them previously to that.

I looked in my parts books and it clearly states in the 70 - 85 version, "vertical heelboard - 2 door models, angled heelboard - 4 door models".