Plug in cable connectors

treebloke

There Anderson Connectors, the cable is crimped or solderd in to the metal crimp. These are then pushed into plastic housing.

They come in different colours which signifys their current rating.

Your local Auto Electrical Factor or Truck Parts Shop should stock them.

Really easy to fit to the connectors especially if you have a crimper, mine does it in seconds but cost around £120.

However some people use a vice, some a hammer, some solder.

You could make a crimper using a small solid block of steel, cut a vee shape out of it, place the connector in the vee with the wire pushed in, place this in a vice with an appropriate sized ball bearing opposite the vee and tighten the vice.

The crimp will be similar to the one I make with the proper crimper.

A bit fiddly but it should work.

John

Anderson connectors are about £6 each on Ebay...

Price depends on size as they say!

I have some spare brand new 350 Amp ones(with covers and handles) that some one can have at cost.

Will dig out details.

I got my Anderson connectors cheap from a company on e-bay... they came fully Anderson branded. Very easy to fit as long as you can crimp the fittings on the the cables- a mate did mine with a large hydraulic jobby at his work... I use mine for my jump leads and they are ideal as they cannot be connected the wrong way round and I cannot get to the battery without removing my front seat!!

Shrek