Which cranked trailing arms?

What size lift do you have? I've only got a 40mm lift but my trailing arm bushes are getting chewed up in a matter of 6 months. So I'm thinking of doing the same and buying cranked arms. I'll be watching this thread to see where it goes.

Do you have a link/pic/price for the ones you are looking at?

I have the +2" springs from scrapiron and the gwyn lewis challenge parts. My bushes aren't chewed up, but under articulation you can put your finger behind the bush! I thought gwyn lewis as I already have some of his equipment and have been treated with maximum respect from him and as yet, have not heard even the slightest of bad feedback from him

Guest diesel_jim

I fitted a pair of cranked arms to my 90 ages back , and without changing anything else, i gained an extre 1" in axle droop due to the chassis bush not being as stressed.

a definate worthwhile mod IMO.

Well, I am going to make a different recommendation....

Jezbuilt TM

you wont get a better pair of cranked arms IMHO. However, at this time of year the lead time might be a tad long, :lol: then again, he'll be needing to folding stuff so maybe he'll do them quicker... hmmmm.

Anyhow, drop dollythelw a pm and take a look HERE

I dont think there is a strength issue with jez's arms tbh, have you read the linked thread?

Will.

Sorry, didn't see that link to start with :rolleyes: So, the answer to my own question is yes they are very strong! Although, I am still not persuaded to buy his rather than gwyn's. I am sure they are just as good, however, I have seen gwyn's in action and know what they are all about etc. and have delt with gwyn before and his customer service is about as good as it gets so........................

Guest WALFY
Well, I am going to make a different recommendation....

Jezbuilt TM

you wont get a better pair of cranked arms IMHO. However, at this time of year the lead time might be a tad long, :lol: then again, he'll be needing to folding stuff so maybe he'll do them quicker... hmmmm.

Anyhow, drop dollythelw a pm and take a look HERE

I'll second that. Had mine fitted for about 12 mths now. Done a fair bit of offroading in that time and not a mark on them. Well worth the money. But as mentioned, lead time might be a bit around this time of year. He has a few things to sort out on his truck that occupies his time slightly ;)

Have dealt with Gwyn and he is a top bloke certainly knows his stuff, i cant comment on his rear arms but i'm sure they are every bit as good as his other goodies.

I do however have Jez's arm's fitted and they are top notch, had them on for some time now dont think they have a mark on them

02092007010.jpg

Both Bish and Tonka have got points. Jez's arms are very nice (I had a set of his very early ones and the tube he uses now is a little more special) HOWEVER they are not as readily available and whether he'll knock some up for you depends on how well he thinks his build is going and how much he needs build cash. Oh, and getting hold of him can be tricky! On the other hand if you give gwyn a call they'll be in the post that day.

X-arms are very nice but they are a little more expensive.

Sorry, didn't see that link to start with :rolleyes: So, the answer to my own question is yes they are very strong! Although, I am still not persuaded to buy his rather than gwyn's. I am sure they are just as good, however, I have seen gwyn's in action and know what they are all about etc. and have delt with gwyn before and his customer service is about as good as it gets so........................

I'll have a set of QT Heavy Duty cranked rear radius arms going spare in about 2 weeks time if you want them. £90 delivered. ;)

Steve