07 Defender wiring ??

Just a quick though, before searching for a answer

On the 07 110 XS, but probably the same as TD5 :unsure:

Behind the r/hand rear speaker panel, in the back, their is a spare/unconnected multiplug. with black/purple wire,, anyone have a idea what it's function is

Clock running Ralph :rolleyes:

Behind the r/hand rear speaker panel, in the back, their is a spare/unconnected multiplug. with black/purple wire,, anyone have a idea what it's function is

i reckon the Black is an Earth, and the Purple is permantly Live. Stick a glow screwdrive in it and see if it glows.

You might be on your own with this as I haven't any wiring diagrams from 1999 Td5 onwards, but I'll check the Td5 diagrams I have got :D

Its a Puggy plug, you have to connect him to it to see what happens

Thanks James ,,, Not,, thats helpfull !!

Ralph, Gawd know what it does ?? Power on or off. lights, fog, Reveres, brakes light, etc, not a peep !! :unsure:

Were you at Caerwent Sunday ???

Ok, not sure if someone has said this already (my computer is a bit series 1 so I can't see all posts at once).

Could it be that it is part of the stereo system, Audio left and right? As it could be there so you can connect another speaker to that, and then through into the doors? Just a thought.

Try getting an old speaker and just jimmy the wire's into it. If there is no power coming from it then that might be it?

mmm, "Accessories fused direct from battery !!"

If that's the case and there isn't anything plugged in it, it might not have a fuse in... so you won't get any power to it. I'm a numpty at electrics, though, so you can probably ignore me!! Check the fuse box for empty slots, though!!

Ok, not sure if someone has said this already (my computer is a bit series 1 so I can't see all posts at once).

Could it be that it is part of the stereo system, Audio left and right? As it could be there so you can connect another speaker to that, and then through into the doors? Just a thought.

Try getting an old speaker and just jimmy the wire's into it. If there is no power coming from it then that might be it?

2 points their Badger,,

1 Cable much to heavy for speakers !!

2 Speaker already their fitted with factory supply

Def a power supply, just need to find some time, to check the fuse box out, and find a spare unused hole !!

But thanks for the input :)

Power supply and/or remote for an amplifier and/or base speaker? Did you try it with/without the stereo on?

Chris

Amp ?? Base Speaker ?? :lol: did i mention, this is for the Defender !!!! Yep stereo was on at the time,, mind you, its not the original LR unit , but does use the org loom etc !!

Sorted, now i have found 10 mins !!

It is indeed a "Accessories fused direct from battery" feed from position 2 (Accessory socket) in the under seat fuse box, with a joint connector fixed to the brake servo bracket under the bonnet, somehow, this connector was not making contact, !!!

Thanks all for the input !

Guest WALFY

Tim

As I haven't stripped mine down to have a look. What size fuse is it and what size cable. I need somewhere to connect up my PC and screen for my trip in a few weeks. Do you think it'll be man enough for the job?

As I haven't stripped mine down to have a look. What size fuse is it and what size cable. I need somewhere to connect up my PC and screen for my trip in a few weeks. Do you think it'll be man enough for the job?

Mark,

The line is protected by a 20 amp fuse, under the r/h seat, in the main box,

If it was me, i would use this feed for a cooler box or the like, in the rear as that's were it terminates, and fit a new fused supply for the PC, direct from the battery box

That is handy Tim, I wonder if they fitted them to Td5s... :)

Chris

Yep,, useful ;)

As i have just put in a power lead from the front, down the left hand side, then over to the right hand side, to find Landrover had beaten me to it !! d'oh !! :blink:

Am guessing, but recon late TD5's would be the same :unsure:

ThreePointFive

Is an XS top spec?
Yep,

There is a 2nd accessory socket also off this line according to 07MY wiring spec. I think if read it correct, the 1 in rear is 3mm2 cable, the other socket is 2.5mm2. Unfortunately I don't have the veh overview sheet so can't see actual locations. I know it is 865mm from the split from the main harness though!

As Tim has already sussed, it is 20A fuse. 90 and 110 models should both have these accesory sockets. 130 doesn't.

Have been meaning to look at this for ages but not had the time. Anyway at least it was found.

Cheers.