Draw Bar Weight

honitonhobbit

What is the max drawbar weight of a RRC with air suspension?

I get mixed up

1) if your talking about tow bar there is a legal limit which you I think corrected me on some time ago 75kg or something but I have loaded 6t into a Ifor 3.5t and towed it with a LSE 4 miles (in low) took a few more seconds than normal to level out but it did(the trailer and RRC tyres looked a little dodgy).

2) If your talking about a bar towing a second car then, we always used to use a scaffold tube and hitches each end of the tube then have a tow ball on the front of the rear car. ten or so years ago that was quite common but not so much now

Not enough to let Pugwash use yer bumper dumper :ph34r::lol:

very good, just cos you've sold some doors youv'e gone and got all excited! Its all right Puggy is fixing his truck ready for the Portugal trip this PM, hes just dropping the engine back in then rear axle diff to overhaul or something similar!

The draw bar weight is the maximum weight you can put on the towball - ie downward force type thing. Max allowable mass for towing is 3.5tonnes unless what you are carrying in the vehicle exceeds the gross train weight (wich I don't think is legally possible for a RRC). Air suspended RRC's have a higher max drawbar weight and I don't know what it is...

The draw bar weight is the maximum weight you can put on the towball - ie downward force type thing. Max allowable mass for towing is 3.5tonnes unless what you are carrying in the vehicle exceeds the gross train weight (wich I don't think is legally possible for a RRC). Air suspended RRC's have a higher max drawbar weight and I don't know what it is...

When I looked into this all nose weights on all Land Rovers except Freelanders were quoted as 150kg. I can probably dig out the link if you want.

Ben

Permissable weights for Range Rover Classic

Aspect Weight (Kg)

Kerb weight (EC - includes driver @75Kg) 1839

Kerb weight 1764

Trailer max nose weight 150kg

Max Gross Train Weight 6010

85% max towing weight (recommended max for class B) 1499

100% max towing weight (legal max for class B) 1764

Trailer Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) on class B license 1736

Trailer Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) on class B+E license 3500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New RR:

Impressive towing capabilities

The Range Rover is a highly capable towing vehicle, thanks to its impressive 3500Kg maximum towing capacity and the fact that it can automatically detect when a trailer is coupled, accommodating up to a maximum 250kg nose weight on the tow hitch. Ride and handling systems like Dynamic Stability Control also take the trailer´s weight into account should they need to correct any deviation from your chosen driving line.

Permissable weights for Range Rover Classic

Aspect Weight (Kg)

Kerb weight (EC - includes driver @75Kg) 1839

Kerb weight 1764

Trailer max nose weight 150kg

Max Gross Train Weight 6010

85% max towing weight (recommended max for class B) 1499

100% max towing weight (legal max for class B) 1764

Trailer Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) on class B license 1736

Trailer Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) on class B+E license 3500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New RR:

Impressive towing capabilities

The Range Rover is a highly capable towing vehicle, thanks to its impressive 3500Kg maximum towing capacity and the fact that it can automatically detect when a trailer is coupled, accommodating up to a maximum 250kg nose weight on the tow hitch. Ride and handling systems like Dynamic Stability Control also take the trailer´s weight into account should they need to correct any deviation from your chosen driving line.

Be careful on the L322 Range Rover Nose weight...

150kg is the nose weight for UK spec cars Look at the bottom paragraph of this page

250kg is correct for South African spec vehicles for example Look at the bottom paragraph of this page

Ben

in my RAVE info it says for RR2 vehicles nose weight for on & off road towing is 150kg or 330lbs. as the RR2 uses a very similar air suspension system, these weights may apply to the RRC, I can't find any info for the RRC in RAVE though, but in my Tom Shepard book 'the LR experience' the towing section says

trailer nose weight -- 7% of the trailer gross weight is a good starting point, do not exceed the limits of the ball hitch or coupling head usually around 100 to 150kg & remove twice the nose weight from the vehicles payload when working out how much weight you can carry inside or on the tow vehicle.

hth :D