Hmmmmmmmmmm Speedo neaeds a tweakette.....

Hybrid_From_Hell

Yes, thanks for that TC.

I wan't going to admit (but will now) .....that this was just as I was changing from.... er .....2nd to 3rd...... :huh: .....

But there, ...........I've done it now, .............so the abuse will start, ..........

but, ..................

I did of course immedaitely select 5th, and continue cruising :) .............., er yeah

Nige :P

I've a shiney £5 here that says it won't do 65mph in 2nd probably not even 3rd. :P

My long distant days of RWYB at Santa Pod has memories of driving up the M1 with 4.11 diffs flat out at 70-80mph great for 1/4mile times awful for motorway. that was with x-flows running to 6k RPM.

I bet it is bluddy quick to accelerate but runs out of puff pretty quick.

Tony

Diesel/3.54 and no need for hearing aids

I've a shiney £5 here that says it won't do 65mph in 2nd probably not even 3rd. :P

My long distant days of RWYB at Santa Pod has memories of driving up the M1 with 4.11 diffs flat out at 70-80mph great for 1/4mile times awful for motorway. that was with x-flows running to 6k RPM.

I bet it is bluddy quick to accelerate but runs out of puff pretty quick.

Tony

Diesel/3.54 and no need for hearing aids

speedMedium.jpg

Heres the figs, just changed into 3rd as I went by him, speedo said 65 mph and climbing, so its at the base of 3rd (2nd rev limiter kicked in at 6000 RPM), pre the 4.11s it just wouldn't have accelerated as it does now.

You can keep yer £5 - buy dragon food for crimble, :lol:

Nige

Does this program include drag? a brick shaped object wieghing 2.2tonnes.

with ref to a TDI

towing a trailer (with 5 Simex in it and some spares)up a hill on route to slindon saw 60mph on my GPS foot to the floor

then watched as Mike overtook in his TD5 with ease unsuprising you may think but

He was towing a trailer with another 90 on the back at the same time :)

I think a poll of Niges top speed is required

I reckon 80mph top whack any other takers :lol:

Interesting topic, I need to get the speedo sorted in my S2A, 3.54 diffs + 2a gearbox + V8 makes the speedo under-read by about 20mph :blink: thats if I can trust the speedo anyway.Luckily my transfer box has a 30mph whine for the speed cameras which is a good rough guide! Any ideas or should I enter the 21st century and get a GPS or summit.

One option is a bicycle speedo as they can be calibrated. I bought one to play with (only a £5 or so) but haven't done anything else with it yet. I was considering fitting the magnet/pickup on the transmissin brake.

Interesting topic, I need to get the speedo sorted in my S2A, 3.54 diffs + 2a gearbox + V8 makes the speedo under-read by about 20mph :blink: thats if I can trust the speedo anyway.Luckily my transfer box has a 30mph whine for the speed cameras which is a good rough guide! Any ideas or should I enter the 21st century and get a GPS or summit.

millsy, don;t be a big blouse! :P same set up as I have on 235/85 but I have lwb speedo in. I know it under reads , I think 30% but need to work it out again. anyways it is good for limited mileage insurance! :D

easiest way is to write the speeds on masking tape and stick to speedo or have a little table, The important ones are 30, 50, and 70 - you can interpolate the in between ones.

Easy fix, and used on my IIA, was to use the speedo head out of a 2 door RRC. Pull the speedo mechanics from the plastic housing in the RRC instrument pod, rebuild into a IIA round housing. Both use the same cable fitting, so no need to mess with that.

Should point out it works ok for 205's or 225/75's. Will under read by 10% on 235/85's or 7.50's.