anyone need a trim?

Having looked at several complete heaps of mid-nineties Discoverys this thing is a complete bargain.

I looked at a Discovery at a dealers last week that you could put your fingers through the loadspace floor, it was 6/7 years older than this Freelander, straight but slightly scabby body, done 45,000miles more and would have cost £500 more to buy.

Will :)

Having looked at several complete heaps of mid-nineties Discoverys this thing is a complete bargain.

I looked at a Discovery at a dealers last week that you could put your fingers through the loadspace floor, it was 6/7 years older than this Freelander, straight but slightly scabby body, done 45,000miles more and would have cost £500 more to buy.

You're looking in the wrong places Will... they'll all be farm hacks over your way mate!!!

Just picked up a late (1998) 300 Tdi ES manual. Taxed & Mot'd, 2 owners from new and never towed or off roaded. The chap wanted shot of it as he'd blown a coolant hose on the motorway (so the head gasket went as well) so sold as a non runner - for less than £800....

Matt

Will

Petrol or diesel?

Its the infamous 1.8 petrol Tony :ph34r: I know, I know...If we end up doing the head then so be it. Lucy likes it, so my life has suddenly become a tadge easier.

---

David, surely you know my opinions on autos by now ;) (wheres the being sick smiley?)

---

Done a few miles in it now and its not a bad way to travel, the kids love it and only one mate has called me a poofta so far :rolleyes: I could be in for a ribbing in the pub later though :huh:

William, could have got you a P reg Discofairy 3.9auto with LPG ES spec high miles but full service history form new and nothing scrimped for £500 with MOT and Tax - in Epsom Green as well. In fact I may just buy it myself

Surely you mean 'crimped' not scrimped :lol:

Will, if you're happy mate - thats all that matters.