OT removing oil stains from mono-bloc

Mean Green

My 90 and Discovery are doing their level best to leave their mark on my driveway.

Does anyone have any good suggestions what to use to clean the mono-bloc.

The stains are mostly PAS fluid and a little EP90 from the diffs, rather than black engine oil.

I have heard stories of using washing powder, coca-cola etc, any more "old wives tales" to try?

Yup! I know someone else who has this problem..... :P

Washing powder, sprinkled on, brushed in with a firm brush and then rinsed off / agitated with hot water. Don't apply the water before the washing powder as it makes it harder to remove.

Its also wise to remove oil from tarred drives as the oil will slowly dissolve the surface.. :o

Guest noggy

butter!

rub the butter into the oily patch, the oils in the butter mix with the ep40/pasfluid then should wash away with washing powder :D

Do people think any of the above will help in removing oil stains from block paving ? My 110 has been oozing it's fluids over our drive for 2 years+ and the oil stains are pretty diabolical.

Do I rip the lot up and turn them over, paint them block paving colour, try any of the above or go for any other option ?

I've tried with various oil cleaners, strong detergents, drive cleaner etc. nothing seems to get into the bricks like the oil has !!

Neil

You can't turn them over I think as the bottom face doesn't have a nice chamfer on the edges.

You could of course just replace the stained ones..... or is that 90% of them! :lol:

My drive is tarmac and is in a sorry state. Been wondering what to do about it for a while but haven't had any Pikey's round offering to fix it for me yet!

Hopefully I shall make this latest Land Rover oil tight like the RR was.......... then I might fix the drive!

You can't turn them over I think as the bottom face doesn't have a nice chamfer on the edges.

You could of course just replace the stained ones..... or is that 90% of them! :lol:

My drive is tarmac and is in a sorry state. Been wondering what to do about it for a while but haven't had any Pikey's round offering to fix it for me yet!

Hopefully I shall make this latest Land Rover oil tight like the RR was.......... then I might fix the drive!

My advice is don't lift them.

I've lifted twpo 3' X 2' X 3" ones yesterday and today. Today I've laid five small 2' X 2' X 2" ones and I'm cream crackered.

Get somebody else to do it.

mike