britpart db8000 winch

pinny

im looking to buy a winch looked at the db8000 from britpart anyone got one any views ive got a britpart winch bumper on the discovery also are most winch mounting patterns the same thanks chris

hi mate, i have this winch on my disco but i havent had a chance to test it yet. never been stuck near a tree. :lol: ill have it a go and let you know if you want mate. ;)

nice one mate i got the winch bumper on special offer but havent got a winch yet but im looking at the8000 thanks for the reply

What are the problems associated with the DB8000 then compared to Superwinch then? I'd would be interesting to hear how you base the comparison?

Have you used one, broken one or have experiance with one of them?

Thx,

S.

Ive just bought a Goodwinch TDS 9.5, At 339 + Vat they are a good price and have alot of features such as sealed solenoids similar to albrights and also an extra seal on the drum to keep the water out of the windy turning bits......And as a few others have mentioned they can be worked very hard........I was originally looking at a britpart winch but decided something else like an EP9 or TDS is proberly a better choice. Shoud need less maintence too. Also seeing the TDS underwater at beaulie swung it for me........Winches spend their life in the firing line of water and crud!

http://www.dborc.co.uk/goodwinch/tds.htm

Dave.

Don't bother use your money to but one of the Superwinch branded T-max winches from David Bowyer or a an EP9

ok i see what your saying but are all the mounting points the same so will the super or t max fit on a britpart bumper, i thought about the britpart as i have a britpart winch bumper fitted. i know ill have to take the grill away as ive already cut it for the bumper to fit any ideas, chris.

I measured up for a Goodwinch TDS 9.5 against the original holes that are in my southdown front bumper (from Bishbosh!), they do not match at all, the whole winch needs moving left as you look at the vehicle, and are wider apart as well.

Pretty sure Bish had an X9 in there, although I migth be wrong.....

But then it is only a couple of holes to re-drill and weld up the old ones if you are worried about weakening it.

Oooops! :blink:

Sorry Pete, completely forgot that the holes wouldn't match up - the bumper was made for a Warn Lowline winch - in my case an XD9000. Warn winches are slightly offset so the fairlead is not central in the bumper.

Still, I doubt it is beyond your talents to remedy the situation.... if you want a hand then just shout. :rolleyes:

Pinny, I would contact Britpart and ask them what families of winches the bumper will accommodate. I would echo the above that your money is better spent with David Bowyer. You will end it with a better winch and excellent support / customer service.

Hey Charles, not your fault at all! and it wasn't a dig ;) I kind of assumed I would need to move things about, just by looking at the holes in the bumper.... and yes I think i can remedy the situation without too much difficulty ;) .... the TDS is more central than the XD9000, but seems to still be off centre by 4mm, but I suppose a central fairlead will be close enough.... bottom line is they need moving across by 42 mm, a project for when my mig-trigger finger has healed... and when I have sorted out my other car...

Another thing for people considering a Goodwinch, I downloaded the spec sheet for the TDS 9.5/12.0, the winch is 612mm wide, my winch tray is 615mm opening :blink: that's with the winch tray made up of 4mm plates inside the chassis rail, anything thicker and you will struggle to get it in! In comparison the Britpart DB8000 seems to be 564mm overall, much much more clearance!

Hope that helps a bit!

P.s. Bish - You got that 200TDi auto in the 90 yet? ;)

Don't bother use your money to but one of the Superwinch branded T-max winches from David Bowyer or a an EP9

So David Bowyer makes Superwinches as well as Goodwnches using T-Maxes as bases, or am I completely misunderstanding?

Got to say, since I saw the TDS Goldfish I know where my money's going when I get a winch.

David Bowyer sells Superwinch - he is the main agent for Europe IIRC. Superwinch are now selling a 'Superwinches' version of the T-max 9000/9500 winch (an excellent budget winch that looks good in black).

The 'Goldfish' is made by Kingone in China (China is home to most winchs and winch parts with another huge chunk being made in Taiwan), David is European agent.

The Britpart range of winches are made by one of the factories that produce AEW/GEW/AEG/Etc winches, all copies of copies of copies using similar ideas, gearing, motors blah blah. Britpart are okay, better than some but not better than most. It's usually seals, bearing types, contacts and clutch types that vary. Most chinese winches have issues with poor quality chrome and are built to the standard required by the client or interpreted by the manufacturer - for example a lot of Warn parts are Chinese built but Warn have an excellent quality liason at the factories they use for parts AND they chrome stuff in the States!