Next Defender ?

Peter

Whats wrong with the current defender?

and why do they have to mess about with things when they are fine?

Well maybe we should start a list of what is right, it would be shorter...... :rolleyes:

They "could" make a nice well designed and popular model that is tough and well designed for off road use if they wanted to. But they won't. The current Land Rover has no iterest in ever designing an off road capable vehicle.

Well maybe we should start a list of what is right, it would be shorter...... :rolleyes:

They "could" make a nice well designed and popular model that is tough and well designed for off road use if they wanted to. But they won't. The current Land Rover has no iterest in ever designing an off road capable vehicle.

Oh too true........ but in reality who would want to off-road a $50,000 plus Defender?

If i ever win the Lotto....just for the hell of it i'd buy a new Rangie and "offroad it" to destruction :)

It's great, except they take so long to screw together there's probably more labour than metal sat there. And they leak everywhere, in and out.

I have seen some very badly made new ones, but got lucky with mine.

Every panel straight and no leaks. (yet)

I just hope when they do change it that a utility version is part of the line up.

Richard

I don't know why people are so quick to slam the picture, of what "might" be the next Defender.

Quickly looking at it, it appears to have a similar front end to a Disco3. With that, it might have the better HID lights and might be equiped for air bags, making it more avail. to more markets. The rear still looks to have the lines of the traditional Defender, but updated. Looks to have a larger door/opening for ease of getting in/out....

Give it a chance, like John said, it's too easy to make a list of whats not right/good with the current model. And as Dave said, I too, would never fork out the crazy money that they want for a new Defender today. It's about time that they replaced the dinosaur. Good it may have been, but it's not up to today's standards.

Todd.

Whats wrong with the current defender?

and why do they have to mess about with things when they are fine?

Nothing "wrong" with it per-se... but when the new European legislation comes out the current Defender will not meet the passenger/pedestrian safety requirements. Ergo, the model becomes unsellable in Europe just as it is currently unsellable in the USA.