New house

GBMUD

Well, after 9 months of trying we finally moved house this week. Having lived in the Horsham area since I was a nipper we have now moved to Trowbridge in Wiltshire. It was last March that we had the first estate agent round and since then we have lost two purchases (having arranged mortgages, surveys, contracts etc.) and one buyer, sold our old house and lived with the in-laws for a couple of weeks. :angry: I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that it is finally over. :D

The move started simply as a means of getting a bigger and better house but, due to the cost of housing in the Southeast we decided to look further afield. It does seem strange to have moved away from the place that I have lived for so long and that I know so well.

If anyone feels they would like/need my new address then PM me.

Chris

Like I said Les, the cost of houses in in the Southeast really. We chose this area as it is close to lots of off-roading (Wales, SW, the plain), not too far from Horsham and not too far from London by train (Sandbag has to go to meetings there occasionally).

Chris

Guest diesel_jim

I'm only a couple of miles from Les, and thus only about 30 from you....

it is great for off roading here, and a general "handy" location... not too far for wales, london,Brum, south west ect.

I'm only a couple of miles from Les, and thus only about 30 from you....

it is great for off roading here, and a general "handy" location... not too far for wales, london,Brum, south west ect.

Tell you what - it seems a bit quiet here now (and you've only been gone a couple of days!) There is no longer a critical mass of people to go to the pub with. There's a danger of me becoming thin at this rate!

Si

Guest diesel_jim
Welcome to Wiltshire Chris :D

If you fancy getting out & exploring over Christmas, Imber village / ranges are open until 2nd January and will then be closed until August.

Mark...., do you have the dates that Imber is open? on the difflock "salisbury plain off road day" someone says that they've contacted the MoD range staff office and they say it's closed? i've not had chance myself to ring yet, but it'll be the first christmas that i can remember that Imber has been closed.

I'll be out there on the 27th should anyone want to meet up. AFAIK ther are a couple of other groups out too. a S1 club and a group from Brizzle.

Mark...., do you have the dates that Imber is open? on the difflock "salisbury plain off road day" someone says that they've contacted the MoD range staff office and they say it's closed? i've not had chance myself to ring yet, but it'll be the first christmas that i can remember that Imber has been closed.

I'll be out there on the 27th should anyone want to meet up. AFAIK ther are a couple of other groups out too. a S1 club and a group from Brizzle.

Jim

Have driven through there Mon - Thurs inclusive on way to & from work, so definitely open. Signs at either end say open until 16h30 (possibly 18h30) on 2nd January.

Will check above details today as I intend taking the bike up there