Series 3 windscreen glass replacement

dave101

• 1 month later...

the other option is the double sided tape which glaziers use for fixing sealed units into wooden frames. Your local glass shop will use it - and it works a treat - I did my back door with it and it looks good.

Anyone replaced their dual glass with a single one?

Know of where i can get one?

Cheers.

Most windscreen suppliers can cut flat laminated windscreen glass to size.

One reason they were split was to prevent cracking due to the screen distorting. If you fit a single piece use a soft sealant to allow slight movement.

• 7 years later...

Hi Guys,

sorry to gatecrash this posting but you guys might be able to help me, I'm in the process of collecting parts for a Land Rover 1978 prototype replica project and need the measurements for the series windows for the front, middle and rear doors. I want to get them made at the local glaziers as I have been getting my Vivarium glass there for several vivariums and this may help get me a good price. I want to get smoked glass for the side windows and I have been told that there is no series windows done in smoked or tinted windows on te planet. Well not on this planet anyway haha.

The front screen will be the Defender screen and I have been half promised a front screen from one of the members off the Sheffield Land Rover forum.

If anyone one could help I would be very grateful, if anyone has any feedback or pointers to find the measurement that also would be very useful.

thanks in advance

ALAN

Sheffield S25 4EQ

email - boyle1962@yahoo.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

With a bit of luck once I've finished the new fuel tank The 109 will be getting new screens. They're so badly scratched it's a nightmare. I'm going to go heated screen I think, £70 a side, but the wife's using it for work every day now and there's a very good chance she'll be going out in frost if not snow. I'll probably do the 88 some time too. I'd been thinking about using Sikaflex, but gutter sealant might be worth looking at too

Get the heated screens, Ed, they're fantastic on damp autumn and winter mornings; fogging clears in seconds and stays clear - no more waiting for the engine to warm up or wiping the inside of the screens down only for them to fog up again, and likewise in freezing fog, where standard screens ice up within seconds of setting off.

I used a roll of number plate adhesive tape, making two layers before fitting the screen. It does make getting old screens out laborious, but it holds them squeak free and allows enough movement to prevent stressing the glass.

With a bit of luck once I've finished the new fuel tank The 109 will be getting new screens. They're so badly scratched it's a nightmare. I'm going to go heated screen I think, £70 a side, but the wife's using it for work every day now and there's a very good chance she'll be going out in frost if not snow. I'll probably do the 88 some time too. I'd been thinking about using Sikaflex, but gutter sealant might be worth looking at too

Where did you get your screens from, if you don't mind me asking?