xmas presents

white90

Always had a thing about JCB's - even pre dates Land Rovers.
Grrr - JCB power! :D

I got:

a GPS reradiating antenna (signal booster that makes an Etrex work even under tree cover)

a nice new fleece with no holes, burns or grease stains (yet)

a pocket annenometer/altimeter/barometer/thermometer gadget (mainly for kite flying)

various books and edible items

...not a bad haul at all!

I got ....clothes that i CAN wear (i chose them..... Stringy paid for them!)

CryBaby on DVD (swoon at Jonny Depp)

Smellies/ candles/ chocies etc

Money

An Art Deco lamp

more DVDs

And for once 2 whole days without the kids falling out and thumping hell out of each other!!

He got....Elvis DVDs

Chevy Chase box set (thanks Stu and Lis)

Elvis Calender

New gaters

Smellies/socks/chocies etc

AND His own snatch block (Thanks Tonk, but you know he will still pinch yours!!)

Clothes

More DVDs and other stuff.

And finally.......... WIND like he does EVERY Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing Land Rover related this year at all :(

I did get:

A new pair of motorcycle boots

A new pair of motorcycle gloves

Long Way Round picture book

Shirt

Sox

Hankies

Clarkson DVD

Various other books

Cufflinks

...and I spent a happy day yesterday fitting a new exhaust to the 110 (gas tight seal first time :D:D )

Back in the office today :angry:

ah, forgot two items on me list, a bottle of 40% Apple Schnaps from my two contractors at work and a head torch from Tombie :)

I got one of those fancy auto darkening welding masks that i'd mentioned in passing to the other half about 8 months ago which i didn't expect! lots of chockies, pleanty of clothes and a few beer tokens!

all in all, quite chuffed! :D

Well, apart from a nice few days canal boating over christmas, I got a new angle grinder, a rattle gun and some vouchers to buy spanners in halfrauds! Got a couple of VW things too! :)

all in all, not bad! B)

Cheers

Mark

Best Christmas I've had for years

A years subscription to Total Off Road

Books - The World According to Clarkson (can't stop laughing) - Martin Brundle's Autobiography (signed) - John Peel's Autobiography

and we kind of treated ourselves just before Christmas - replaced the Renault with a Disco II

I am still stuck out East so I have a late parcel ripping session when I get back.

Did get few mailable tasters (litterally) though. I do not know what I have said to convince people it's a good idea to post choclaty covered things out here - IT'S 32 DEGREES HERE EVERYDAY PEOPLE, CHOCOLATE MELTS! :rolleyes:

A DVD of Valiant is as close as I got to getting into the "Wrong Way Round Club" and I definately lucked out when it came an X-Eng handbrake, what is going on here by the way :blink:

Mum, bless her, mailed me a Clouttie Dumpling the size of which confused me into looking for a bowling alley, a cannon the size of Mons Meg or a bathful of custard, God knows what customs made of that :D

But the weirdest of all has to be the card tucked inside to tell me she had got me a Herd of Goats. Yes you read correctly, well I didn't actually get them, some needy family in the mountains of Bolivia got them. I had a weird moment when reading the card :blink:

Imagine a truck struggles up this Bolivian mountain and deposits all these goats onto the side of the mountain. They open up the card to find out that a Land Rover Enthusiast has sent them this wonderful gift, imagine their reaction.

"Goats! Brilliant, really clever, you couldn't have sent us a new cylinder head for the SII that has been used as a chicken shed for the last 2 years because we can't afford to get them from the UK, no clever clogs has to send us goats. Right, just for that we are going to raost the lot of them instead of the turkey this Christmas"

Just in case you think I am exagerating about the goats, here they are.

GoatCard01.jpg

GoatCard02.jpg

Well at least I have thought of a use for the card, I am going to stick it in the back window of the Rangie under a sign "Greenpeace Please Read This" :P B)

• 1 month later...

Sorry very OT :( I just had to drag this up again.

Got home to find some kind soul had got me the special edition of "The Long Way Round" :D brilliant, I couldn't switch take it out of the player till I had watched the lot, apart from that the wifey didn't want me taking away with me so that she could see all the bits that she fell asleep at.

Finally I know what all the fuss was about :D:D:D

Now I have a poser, like a lot of other people I want the title track by the Stereophonics but it appears to have been released only on a CD single and not on any of the albums, certainly not the ones I have.

The CD single is reputedly 'Dakota' with only 4 tracks, Dakota, Dakota remix, Soul & Dakota video. I have Dakota on another CD so I assume it's Soul, can anyone confirm before I buy the single for just that track and find out it's not what I thought.