first year of build

siggy

sounds like a Series III, that has acquired a coilie conversion, amongst everything else in the process <_<

<edit> bulkhead has the defender winscreen water jet, of course wing having defender air inlet, date just doesn't match, weird

Edited by minivin

I 'asked the seller a question' :-

How come your 90 is registered 1981 when the first one didn't roll off the production line until 1984?

It'll be interesting to see what he says if he bothers to reply.

He's probably advertising it as a 90 as he'll get more for it using that name.

Disco axles, coils, 5sp gearbox, Mazda engine. Doesn't that make it a 'Q' plate?

Les.

Edited by Les Henson

Guest diesel_jim
Disco axles, coils, 5sp gearbox, Mazda engine. Doesn't that make it a 'Q' plate?

Les.

when i built my 90, which is on a Q plate, the only real thing that had any issue with it becoming a Q was that i couldn't prove the chassis was new. they took the axle numbers, and engine number, but that was only for the V5 document, they told me that axles,bodywork (unless it's a monocoque shell) and engines don't determine the number plate prefix. just the "main" part of the vehicle, which in a LR case is the chassis.

Any idea has to how long it is before questions apear down the bottom?

If the seller ticks the box for "Show response" then it should appear straight away, but even if they don't you should get an email or a message in your "My Ebay" very rapidly

I got this reply this morning:-

It is registered as an 88inch although it is a 90 shortened. Basically it is a 'Hybrid'. Hope this is of some help. Please contact me again if you have any other queries.

Regards Iain

I'm going to ask him why it isn't advertised as a S3 then. :)

Sent this:-

Thanks for the quick reply.

As the vehicle is therefore a Series3 Land Rover shouldn't you be advertising it as such? Saying it's a 90 when in fact it isn't is fraud as far as I see it. 90 refers to the wheel base, which you say is 88" and 1981, which makes it a late series 3. I hope you are aware that you could be prosecuted for selling it this way?

Les. :)

Edited by Les Henson

Yeh, but look now, he has posted the question that someone else has has asked ( :ph34r: ), so its all upfront, its not a series III is a 90 'hybrid' built in 1981.

Wow, must be worth at least £100,000, as its the only 90 prototype before the designers got pen to paper :lol:

Edited - What appears to be an annoyed reply from the seller states: "Right, on the log book it clearly states that the vehicle is an 88inch-4 cylinder. As I said, it is a 90, shortened to an 88inch. This is known as a 'Hybrid'."

So there you go. An 88inch is a shortened 90. Where do you make the 2" cut?? :huh:

According to Mr (clever bluddy dick) Western, the rear tub is different, so the rear half of the chassis.

Still a bit dodgy by the sounds of it. It would be far easier (and honester) to say it's a late S3 with the list of mods.

If I was going to buy it I'd want to take a very careful look at the reg document.

Les. :)