Cubby box or centre seat...??

I have a gapping void in the middle of my 110...

Now is a cubby box the way to go, looks like you get a nice arm rest...

Or centre seat...??

Open to your views....

Cheers

Dave

I love being able to lean on the cubby box, Be weird without it, No where to rest your arm!! do you need the extra seat though??

I've recently taken out my cubby box and managed to find a centre seat in pretty good condition and fitted it as I needed one so my Wife didn't have to be sat in the back when we took our new son out.

The cubby box was very useful and was very good as an arm rest and somewhere to store all my bits but having the centre seat does make it a bit easier when climbing all over the inside as I usually end up doing for some reason.

out of the 2 I would recommend a cubby box if you have no need for a seat there but it's still quite comfortable with 2 adults and a baby car seat in the front.

On my 110 I have a cubby box, and as I have only 2 seats(it is an 110 CSW hard top) I am thinking to take it off as I need a seat, but I have an project to build an seat wich can be used also like an arm rest and also like a cubby box(but not to big like the old one).It should look like in a Fiat Multipla.

post-8654-1213828082_thumb.jpg

--here is

Like here

I retained my centre seat for 2 years and it proved useful for placing maps and the odd packet of sweeties.

I don't have a lot of gubbins in my 110, but now I need a CB for an upcoming trip I bought an MSS Store Caddy to put it in.

Very pleased I did it, too.

P6150291.jpg

Sorry, had to slip off to bed last night, had a great dream about elbows and large breasted.....and...!!

Thanks for your advice cubby box from MSS is for certain.....

Looking at them though I feel a few late nights in the workshop with a needle and thread and an angle grinder I could soon knock one up Blue Peter style....!!

Ok, you're right, best to just buy one.....

cheers

db

If your keeping the centre seat for the use of a child think twice. I removed mine for fear of the little ones doing themselves damage on the gear levers in the event of a sudden need for stopping. Most centre seats only have lap belts which doesnt give the kids any bracing in the uppermost. If you do decide to keep the centre seat & kids will be sitting there, paddocks do a reasonably price 3 point harness to reduce the possibility.

Adrian

I retained my centre seat for 2 years and it proved useful for placing maps and the odd packet of sweeties.

I don't have a lot of gubbins in my 110, but now I need a CB for an upcoming trip I bought an MSS Store Caddy to put it in.

Very pleased I did it, too.

P6150291.jpg

Wish my cab was that clean, remnants of trees, bushes & muddy fields in mine. LOoks nice & clean in there!!!

Adrian

If your keeping the centre seat for the use of a child think twice. I removed mine for fear of the little ones doing themselves damage on the gear levers in the event of a sudden need for stopping. Most centre seats only have lap belts which doesnt give the kids any bracing in the uppermost. If you do decide to keep the centre seat & kids will be sitting there, paddocks do a reasonably price 3 point harness to reduce the possibility.

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Don't suppose you have a link for that 3 point belt do you?

Where does it attach onto for the upper fixing point?

Unlike everyone else I use my centre seat almost everytime the 90 is used but it's for the Wife, but I still think she might be happier with a 3 point belt

Steve

Hi Steve,

theres no image of the 3 point harness but Ive inserted a link to Paddocks with all the variations that they do. If you have a look on the securon site below, all the images are available.

Not sure whether a harness would be any good for an adult in the centre seat, as Im unsure of the height of the centre seat & the harness would need to ideally rest on the seat top as it comes over your shoulders(if that makes sense). You would need to look at your vehicle for a suitable & substantial mounting point for the rear fixing.

Paddocks choice of harnesses

Securon harnesses

hope this helps

Adrian

Guest noggy

I just bought a second hand cubby off Mo Murphy, as i always feel that its dangerous if someone sits in the way of my gearstick, now there will be only room for me and a passenger :)

my girlfriend has did have a lot of bruises from elbowing her in the boobs!