Scrap value of alloys??

SteveG

The Range Rover I bought recently came with some alloys that as soon as I pressure washed them for the first time started to loose their finish. The are the standard 18" hurricane alloys, but obviously the previous owner had simply had them sprayed silver instead of a proper refurb.

I looked at refurbing them but at the cost of doing it, it's only about a tenner more per wheel to buy new so that's what I've done. This leaves me with 5 alloys that nobody will probably want to buy, so hence the question - does anyone know scrap value of 5x 18" alloys?

Thanks

Steve

Guest noggy

yep the price of ali has gone through the roof, even more so than steel.

4 RRC 3 spokes got me 50quid,

ive bought 5 more off ebay for 20quid delivered, :D:D

at my local scrappy, theres a mountain of RRC alloys all in perfect condition.

Guest WALFY

I was at the scrappys yesterday asking this same question. Alloy wheel with NO tyre gets you 90p/kg. This was in Warminster

I was at the scrappys yesterday asking this same question. Alloy wheel with NO tyre gets you 90p/kg. This was in Warminster

Thats shocking, means you'd only get a couple a quid a wheel - i've been told round here to expect 10-15 a wheel :)

Guest noggy

looks like youve been done....

Thanks for the info everyone. I've got a metal scrap merchants five minutes down the road, so I'll see what they offer.

I'll see what I get for the front cat I took off the 90 too. They'll probably think I've nicked them! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Steve

I've got about a dozen old disco / RR alloys - phoned the local scrappy and was told 70p a KG. I'm on the IOW and he's the only scrap yard............... :angry:

Lee

Thats cause he knows you canny go anywhere else local :ph34r:

Antone know what scrap steel is fetching (4inch pipe / some angle iron / steel wall bractets etc) before i phone around and get some quotes tomorrow??

Dougie

Guest noggy
Thats cause he knows you canny go anywhere else local :ph34r:

Antone know what scrap steel is fetching (4inch pipe / some angle iron / steel wall bractets etc) before i phone around and get some quotes tomorrow??

Dougie

Around me, it had got upto around £260 a ton for clean farm scrap

but it has recently dropped to £220ish

depends how clean yours is gets you a much better price that a rotten old bailer :)

Guest WALFY
looks like youve been done....

Didn't say I got that price. I only enquired as to what the price was for when I do go there with bits and bobs