Engine Mounting Rubbers on a 300 90

Mo Murphy

Are there different degrees of hardness with these rubbers ? It has been remarked on mine that the vibrations felt like the the engine mounts were too hard, can I buy softer ones ? Will it reduce the vibration ?

When I changed mine I just got standard ones from Paddocks because I thought they were all the same.

Cheers

Mo

Ralph,

Do you know if these are harder or softer than the 200, 2.5 or 19j mounts or do they have different numbers for those ? Are LT77 gearbox rubbers harder or softer than engine mounts or are they the same part ?

Mo

All the pre-300Tdi 4 cylinder engines use ANR1808 rubber mounts [the circular ones] from chassis JA920703 & same for the gearbox mounts, previously the part number was NRC9560 up to chassis JA920702, there's no mention in EPC or my paper parts book of different grades.

my 200Tdi/R380 has 4 x ANR1808 rubber mounts, same as the old TD/LT77 combination.

I have had one engine and one gearbox mount fail at the same time. They were diagonally opposite each other. Oe could not see that they had failed on inspection with the engine off. However with a person gunning the engine one could see how the rubber lifted off cleanly from the centre metal section. With the two parts still attached to their respective mounting points but not connected togther.

Not sure if this could be your cause.

They are all the same I think, and softer than the old type mounts - if a 300Tdi has a decent sized accident it usually bends the fore and aft plates on the engine mount when the engine flies forwards at the point of impact, which means the engine moves probably 2/3 inches fore and aft - you won't do that with one of the old type mounts!

Couple of suggestions:

Have you checked that the mount nuts/bolts are tight?

Have you checked that no cable looms/hoses etc. are being stretched between the engine and bodywork? as that can transmit vibration and noise into the bodywork

All the pre-300Tdi 4 cylinder engines use ANR1808 rubber mounts [the circular ones] from chassis JA920703 & same for the gearbox mounts, previously the part number was NRC9560 up to chassis JA920702, there's no mention in EPC or my paper parts book of different grades.

my 200Tdi/R380 has 4 x ANR1808 rubber mounts, same as the old TD/LT77 combination.

You sure about that Ralph?

My 200TDi from a Disco had the cylindrical engine mounts on it.... :huh:

You sure about that Ralph?

My 200TDi from a Disco had the cylindrical engine mounts on it.... :huh:

I'm talking Defenders factory fitted here, not home fitted engines :D

Discovery uses a completely differenrt mounting to Defenders/90/110's