Owners/ Drivers clubs.

I have just bought a 200 tdi Defender 90, 1991 and as part of getting the insurance cheaper i have to join a Landrover owners club- but which one?- any reccomendations please, I live in Bristol by the way, Used to be in the series 2 club which was ideal when I had my 2A but not a lot of good for a 90.

Many thanks.

I just renewed my 110 V8 insurance and as recomended by a post on another lr forum rang NFU at 01732 867727 spoke to a guy called Siggs halved the renewal cost hes a Lr enthusiast and knows what you are talking about .

Usual disclaimers , just a very happy customer :i-m_so_happy:

I just renewed my 110 V8 insurance and as recomended by a post on another lr forum rang NFU at 01732 867727 spoke to a guy called Siggs halved the renewal cost hes a Lr enthusiast and knows what you are talking about .

Usual disclaimers , just a very happy customer :i-m_so_happy:

NFU "cant give you a quote for that postcode, sorry". M28 postcode!

GT whats the significance of M28 post code?, as I think he lives in Bristol, not being funny , just asking

yea, i'm a BS postcode. Thanks for very useful replies- by the way, what do you think insurers will make of me having a bull bar on the front these days? - clearly been on there for many years but guess they need to know about it, cheers, John.

wf I have ARB winch bar and winch on mine , plus other mods, told them , did not seem to make any diff. HTSH

dont know about Nat farmers Mutual , and manchester post codes, but I am OX post code

I think that as they are the National Farmers Union they only cover postcodes that are outside large conurbations not what you have on or done to your landy

But don't quote me on that.

Guest WALFY

I used to be insure with NFU, even when I lived in Maidstone and then Chatham. Even insured my house with them when I moved to Walderslade (not far from Chatham). I don't think you have to live out in the sticks to get covered by them

I have just bought a 200 tdi Defender 90, 1991 and as part of getting the insurance cheaper i have to join a Landrover owners club- but which one?- any reccomendations please, I live in Bristol by the way, Used to be in the series 2 club which was ideal when I had my 2A but not a lot of good for a 90.

Many thanks.

give these a try and if you want you could go along to have a look at one of there trials

http://www.swlrc.co.uk/

we've alwes used NFU even when we live on a farm by cliffton

NFU won't insure if you live in a built up large town or city area, rural towns or in the sticks is OK,

I'm in Southampton (within the city limit) and they insured me with no problems (and I've got household insurance with them as well). Admittedly I'm on the outskirts, but there's not much "green" between me and the city centre, and I'm not far from what most people would call a "dodgy area."

I did mine on tinternet, wasn't too difficult at all,

With regards to the bull bar on the front, my mate has just been asked to remove the bull bar from his series 3 as it was dangerous.

However.... they have allowed him to fit a winch to the front! :hysterical:

I'm in Southampton (within the city limit) and they insured me with no problems (and I've got household insurance with them as well). Admittedly I'm on the outskirts, but there's not much "green" between me and the city centre, and I'm not far from what most people would call a "dodgy area."

Would be a rural county :D