Help with a value please

Hi,

I'm looking to you all for help with a value for my beloved Genuine V8 90.

I spent 4 years doing a nut and bolt rebuild,having the chassis galvanised,etc etc,but Gordon Brown has now forced me to sell due to the horrific fuel costs and the fact I need to use it every day,if I could save it for weekends and sunny days I most certainly would.

What I need is an aproximate value for sale purposes,I will probably sell on ebay but would like an idea of its worth please.

I could do a list a mile long of parts fitted but this isnt the place,I will just put on a couple of pictures and see what you think.

Thanks in advance everybody.

post-1165-1215720405_thumb.jpg

post-1165-1215720473_thumb.jpg

post-1165-1215720511_thumb.jpg

post-1165-1215720537_thumb.jpg

Why not add an LPG kit? With the way the price of diesel is going, it's cheaper to run a v8 on LPG than a tdi!

Diesel: £1.30 / l

LPG: 56p / l

Quite a few people I know have switched back to a v8 on gas from a tdi. Stick a pair of SU's and a gas kit on it and it'd be a keeper...

Just buy a cheap car for commuting - I just got a skoda felicia for the gf as the disco is too much for her to run now - cost 500 quid, is absolutley mint and is returning 42mpg - we're selling the disco a I've got a 90 as well, but no way would I get rid of both :angry: otherwise whats the point of it all??

I'm inclined to agree with those guys, buy a £500 box to smoke about in and keep the landy, you'll never get anywhere near what you've spent on it and you'll regret selling it.

LPG is a good suggestion, EFI can also make a difference if that's a 4-brl carb I spy as you may as well have a bucket of petrol with a hole in it.

I pay my local gas company 48 pence :P a litre for lpg...........I'm averaging 12.8 to the lpg gallon........which is 32mpg :P :P :P for the equivalent of a petrol gallon..........and, where I work at the moment (Sheffield), council car parks are free if you drive an lpg vehicle (£6 per day otherwise).............. :P :P :P :P :P

Go to the car dealerships and ask for a trade in car, Take £250 with you and you will get something okay for that, I spent a lot of working time in dealerships and if you go and ask the salesman for a look at a trade in that hasnt been promised to the trade guy yet you might get lucky.

We are all right, You will really regret selling your landy,Its far better to get a run around, Even if its a right banger so what just use it!!

tris

Graham is that all you get from lpg :o

Thanks for all the replies and Ideas.

I have considered LPG a couple of times but never really got into the ins and outs of it,

I have owned Series 3's,Range Rovers and a couple of 90's in the time I was rebuilding this beauty,the whole build was a labour of love for about 4 years.I will be sorry to see the Landy go but I really have no option,finances dictate this and so someone will hopefully take over looking after her for me,for a bargain price no doubt.

A few of the specs are,

Genuine Landrover 90 V8 1985

Original Chassis,shotblasted,new rear crossmember,outriggers,then galvanised then painted,it would last for about 50 years at the bottom of the ocean at a guess.

Original Santana gearbox ( I also have a fully refurbished spare that will be sold with the vehicle if it make enough money)

Full respray in Landrover Rioja red (every panel sprayed individualy before build up so no missed edges)

Original engine with Edelbrock carburetor,composite head gaskets,Megajolt ignition system

4 pin rear diff 24 spline,fitted into dicovery back axle to update the break to discs,24 spline front axle

Exmoor trim interior and cubby box,TD5 sound proofing over seatbox,floor and bulkhead

Optima red top battery

Fitted loadliner with tie down points

Mach 5's with 265/75/16 BFG mud terrains

Etc Etc.

I cannot afford to give the Truck away but I also know that I will never get anywhere near to what it cost to build

Please dont be to harsh with your valuations

Thanks

Duncan.

Hmmm

Ok

FWIW My Thoughts

Pros

VERY very Tidy

Theres lots and lots of junk on the market

Its a Genuine V8 :)

Nice spec

Outside the silly tax increases

Galv Chassis and rebuilt

Megajolted

Cons

Its a V8 :)

Idiots worry about age vs condition, mines 1985 V8 too, ....and some 'later' stuff I looked at was junk :lol:

1985 and the market is a buyer one :(

Air Filter & Carb

I would say its worth at LEAST £3500, and around £4000+ tops prob worth a lot more this time last year :(

SELLING it tho could be a problem, buyers market

I will now stand back for the pi** taking from all :P

It's a 3.5 V8 Rooooaaaarrreeerrr!! I only get 14 on petrol! :unsure:

:lol::lol: you the daddy graham!!!

As for selling the v8 in the topic its a shame but I understand where your coming from, I have fought to keep mine and in the end took it off the road for 12 months, Now my situation has changed im so glad I hung on to it.

Anyway the ones I have seen are 3 to 4k to buy, but with the cost of fuel as mentioned above it is a buyers market.

Tris

Well thanks for all your help and comments on the landy,

Your valuations are probably what I was expecting if I was being realistic,I just needed some good advice from the people in the know.

Just one last question,where would you advertise it??,Ebay,Auto trader,or any others??

Thanks again

Duncan.