Southcoast playing

Phantom

Just after some advice / recommendations on new Offroad sites in and around the south coast. Myself and a few mates live on the Isle of Wight and regularly travel to local Pay & Play sites inc Slindon, Broxhead , Slab, Minstead, and Brick Kiln. Can anyone suggest anywhere else? - don’t mind travelling within reason, say up to 75 / 100 miles. Prefer the more challenging terrain. Thanks in advance.

Lee

Thanks for that Steve - been to Boxgrove a couple of times and I'm sure we'll pop back this coming winter. Must admit we really enjoyed Rusper ( near Gatwick ) lots of people were having to winch around the car park, traction was limited........... shame it closed.

Thanks

Lee

Anybody mentioned

http://www.muddybottom4x4.com/

just off the ferry for you Wight Boys

Look at their Gallery. challenging enough for you.................

Problem with muddy bottom is there are 2 sites, a good one that apparently only opens about 3 times a year, and a carp one which is essentially a big muddy field on a hill....they also fleece you with needing a "membership" as well as the £25ish entry fee per day.

Problem with muddy bottom is there are 2 sites, a good one that apparently only opens about 3 times a year, and a carp one which is essentially a big muddy field on a hill....they also fleece you with needing a "membership" as well as the £25ish entry fee per day.

My mate went to the 'big muddy field on a hill' and was very disappointed with the site and when some of the marshal’s displayed there ‘ Recovery techniques’ he left......................not before he heard the marshal’s bragging about pulling off bumpers from stuck vehicles.

I have however been to the other site in Minstead and yes, is a great site.

Lee

Iam going to add a few points about muddybottom...

The "fleecing" (as smo puts it :huh: ) is for the year and is how our insurance works this also means that we can (and have) used other sites with less hassle.

Also there is only one site the two areas that are talked about are at different ends of the same private estate. The original area was under forestry control and they decided they did not want us there any more and came up with a list of reasons why, it was going to too much expense an effort to meet the requirements so the site was moved onto non forestry land the "big muddy field".

This new area has not even been running for a year yet so there is still lots or work to be done, it not like we are starting with a quarry or some sort of other pre-made feature so it will take time and things will be changing.

As iam sure any body on here who runs events or even play site knows you cant please every one..

People use to tell me the original site was to "extreme" an you could only get round with 35 simex's and winches, now the same people tell me the new area is to easy and boring...

we also recover people if they ask for help, we dont charge for recovery like i heard of some sites doing. we also ask people where their recover point is and yes some time things to get pull off the stuck vehicle but only because the recovery point was not up to the job. if someone has any problems all they have to do is talk to us.

On another note I like to go to other play sites which is why iam also a member of other clubs like the shires and hbro and this link may also help...

www.paynplay.co.uk