Fitting HOFS HIDs to a Defender

Michele

Well I got a pair of "long range" HIDs from Jez and thought to share my personal touch...it's very little thing, simple and stupid but right what I am proud of ^_^

The HIDs being Xenon come with their own bolt-on "power packs" which are très chic and cool to see but a tad bulky if you have a busy bumper and you are - like me - a tad paranoid about drilling holes here and there in the panels as far as it's avoidable... :(

So I mumbled and mumbled trying to find some room while keeping them at hand at the same time and finally the good fair of great ideas threw some light (ah-ah) on me, and I came out with this L-shaped bracket (made of stainless steel of course :D so it won't rust and painted in black to to match the rest of bits), which uses the existing bumper bolts.

Profile is shaped to follow the power packs shape so no sharp angles to hurt your fingers and the whole package fits neatly there...

post-76-1220872846_thumb.jpg

Here's LHS fitted:

post-76-1220872858_thumb.jpg

Many thanks uncle Jez for the great bits of equipment!

These things are mucho better than my previous Hella (good but non HIDs) and the light beam goes sooooo far it puts a big grin on your face :D

Wiring is very simple and once you flick the switch - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZNNNNNNNNNG - then let there be light

B)

Combat ready!

post-76-1220872888_thumb.jpg

If it's HOFS you can't go wrong!

Recommended.

Ta for the kind comments gents ^_^

Yeah the light is truly "white" giving that daylight feeling

B)

another couple to cover the corners would match perfectly but more suited to "certain" trophy challenge trucks with more room and less law restrictions!

:P

do i dare ask the price?

the nasty bit is the price sadly, £320 a pair, Im going past St Petersberg next week so I can save £40 on carriage if any more are needed but I need to know by tomorrow at the latest (the cut off from my supplier was actually yesterday but a nice bottle of Scotch goes a long way :) )