Where to buy Bespoke door locks

It's awful hearing about how many trucks are going to some scumbag.

So can anyone post some good tips on making better locks or any other type of device.

I would like that zapper they had in Robo cop! The one that electrified the thief.

Of course the only problem is that a pro would bring a HiAB...

another vote for meck lock. Easy to fit and use. It's possible to buy a 4 port version to so that it can be connected to clutch and brakes.

IIRC On the lone wolf journey (google) the website shows fitting alternative locks to their 110 side and rear doors.

Steve

BOXLOCK !!! Yes I had to read it twice as well!! looking thro the pile of old mags I just got from ibexman, theres a old device called BOXLOCK, and it's basically a steel frame (like a small window frame) that bolts into the footwell aperture, with a hinged steel door that effectively locks all the pedals away in a steel box. When open it just rests on the floor with your heel on it. was £135 , if any one wants, and if copyright will allow I'll post up the review and picture! stumpy.

and they're a pain - got them on my transit and i hate them :(

best idea would be a device to lock the brakes on and park it places where a hiab will struggle to get to.

I think an inline brake lock device is an mot failure?

However, if there was a way to tie down you brake pedal, that would work a treat right?

Maybe thats a new invention, quick don't tell scorpian....

Not sure if this has bee done before, but that would work much better that a clutch as you can still tow a clutch locked truck

Guest diesel_jim
Hi Chaps, I am of the opinion that you should stop 'them' getting in......

Gary

All well and good, until they just stick a stone through a window.... how can you stop that?

I like the brake-lock idea myself. Stuff the MoT, just make sure it's well hidden under the bonnet...

All well and good, until they just stick a stone through a window.... how can you stop that?

I like the brake-lock idea myself. Stuff the MoT, just make sure it's well hidden under the bonnet...

Hey you can stop the brick through the window by putting pentagon super glass in.

It's solid stuff, a layer of plastic on the inside of the glass, iron bar proof, you just cant smash it, but have to force out the whole sheet.... got it on my windshield and side doors, grills on the back. So for me it's the locks that are the week point.

I'm still deciding whether to buy some of these: http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/deadlocks_for_vans.htm One problem is £60 each!

A sturdy lock on an aluminium door seems a little daft, they will just fold the top of the door down or something. I think a few sensible precautions and a very good insurance policy (for example, agreed value) is the way to go.