I've not got the horn!!!

Hmmm, Walfy post bang on the noggin............ :lol::ph34r:

Amazingly, the wire at the horn is purple with a tracer so a gold star to you (you can put it with the other ones circling your head at the moment!!) :P:P

So is it purple all the way to the switch? Is there no fuse or relay in the circuit?

Thanks to a google of BS-AU7a standard:

Purple/Brown Horn fuse to horn relay when horn is fused separately

Purple/Yellow Horn to horn relay

Purple/Black Horn to horn relay to horn push

I'm fairly sure it's purple/black all the way, at least it is on Defender & Series column switches.

Hmmm, Walfy post bang on the noggin............ :lol::ph34r:

Amazingly, the wire at the horn is purple with a tracer so a gold star to you (you can put it with the other ones circling your head at the moment!!) :P:P

So is it purple all the way to the switch? Is there no fuse or relay in the circuit?

Yes purple to switch & horn & there is a fuse for the horn & other permanent 12v supplied circuits, check the horn earth wire is in place & has a good connection to horn & bonnet slam panel, if it & fuse is OK, the horn is probably dead.

Nice to see so many moderators take the tone of this thread down :rtfm::rtfm::P

My dilemma continues - the horn unit is fine. It works - most of my neighbourhood can vouch for that :lol: .

I cannot get 12V at the switch at all. The other functions of the switch work fine except the horn and flashing the headlights (side, dipped and main beam all work though).

I traced the purple with black trace back to the bulkhead, but cannot see a purple with black going into the fuses. Several purples, but none with a black tracer :( .

All the fuses are fine. At least, all the fuses I have found are fine! Are there any other fuses other than the collection in the centre of the bulkhead?

Also, the interior light does not work. The light itself is fine, but I am not getting 12V to the switch.

Is it possible that all three are fused together and I have not found the fuse?

Help! Bluddy electrikery is killing me!!

Hmmm,

Just downloaded a circuit diagram from the tech archive :i-m_so_happy: and it would appear that the clock is also linked to the horn switch. Any grown ups care to look and tell me if I might be on to something?

For what it is worth, the clock doesn't work either!!

post-121-1222631247_thumb.jpg

post-121-1222631276_thumb.jpg

Have you got 12 volts-ish at the feed side of the stalk switch ?,

if not...

bridge a wire from the out going side of the fuse to the feed side of the stalk swich to bypass that part of the loom, and see if it works then, or if you now have power to the clock ?