Best prices/places for tyres?

Diff

Trying to decide whether to bother upgrading to new 'All rounder' tyres eg bf Goodrich 255/85 x16 mud terrains, or buy a set of more serious tyres on a second set of rims for offroad days.

I am on standard height suspension.

So, where is the cheapest place for bf Goodrich 255/85 x16s? and what sort of price am I looking at?

Thanks,

Regards,

Diff

Trying to decide whether to bother upgrading to new 'All rounder' tyres eg bf Goodrich 255/85 x16 mud terrains, or buy a set of more serious tyres on a second set of rims for offroad days.

I am on standard height suspension.

So, where is the cheapest place for bf Goodrich 255/85 x16s? and what sort of price am I looking at?

Thanks,

Regards,

Diff

I bought mine from Paddocks last year. The cheapest place local to me. They're £89 plus vat according to the website. Having said that, I think that 255's will me too tall for standard ride height. I'm sure others will be along in a min to either confirm of deny.

Personally I use BFG MT's for day to day driving and change to Simex for comps

Dave

Thanks Dave and Richard,

Devon are £88.95 +vat and £5 delivery each

Paddocks are £89 + vat - not sure on delivery.

Still undecided whether or not to take the cheaper option and stick with the current part worn 235/85x16 mud terrains for everyday use and get some 'Extreme' 235/85x16 mud remoulds for play days.

I haven't found any 33 inch 'extreme' remoulds (unless) anyone knows better? I don't think any tyre over 33 inches is going to fit on the landy in standard form.

Regards,

Diff

fedima do a simex copy in 235/85-16 - talk to king off-road...

Mark

Thanks Mark, I have been looking at those - 235/85 x16 is 32 inch dia and is probably the size I will go for.

255/85 x16 is 33 inch dia but no one seems to do this size or similar in 'extreme' type remoulds.

Any one know of any?

Regards,

Diff

Thanks Mark, I have been looking at those - 235/85 x16 is 32 inch dia.

255/85 x16 is 33 inch dia but no one seems to do this size or similar in 'extreme' type remoulds.

Any one know of any?

Regards,

Diff

From experience, the fedimas come up quite big though. It would not suprise me if the 235s were nearer 33".

Mark

FYI, I nicked this from RogueVogue's build thread:

Finished off with a set of 35-10.50-16 Fedima Scirocos. Which measure just over 36"!!!, over 1.5" taller than 35" Simex!!!

forum2g.jpg

So a 35" fedima comes up at well over 36"....

Mark

FYI, I nicked this from RogueVogue's build thread:

Finished off with a set of 35-10.50-16 Fedima Scirocos. Which measure just over 36"!!!, over 1.5" taller than 35" Simex!!!

forum2g.jpg

So a 35" fedima comes up at well over 36"....

Mark

That is quite a difference!

It would be interesting to see if the same is true of the smaller 235/85x16 size. Anyone know?

Thanks Mark

My Greenway Machos are 235 x 85 and are a tadge under 33" tall......

Note also that 235 x 85 Silverstones (the Simex clone) are about £100 each IIRC!!

My greenways were £42 + VAT!! :lol::lol::lol: .

Also, I have heard mentioned on here that the silverstones are not "E" marked....... don't know if this is the case though - maybe Rogue Vogue can confirm or deny..... :blink:

btw 255/85 16 BFG MT's will rub on spats on standard height.

Cheers

Steve

Mine don't rub on the spats, but they do slightly touch the radius arms on full lock. I just need to adjust the steering stops to prevent it.

255/85 16's look really good in a standard Defender as the fill out the wheel arch really well. they also perform well.

Nigel

Mine don't rub on the spats, but they do slightly touch the radius arms on full lock. I just need to adjust the steering stops to prevent it.

255/85 16's look really good in a standard Defender as the fill out the wheel arch really well. they also perform well.

Nigel

Are you sure they don't rub off-road?? Mine even rubbed if the back was full on-road.

Cheers

Steve

I'm running BFG M/T 255/85 16's on modulars. Is that the same setup as you? Might be your offsets if you are running different rims.

Nigel

Running the same on Modulars..

hardtopbeforesuspension.jpg

Not a problem anymore as I lifted it, just thought I would mention it.

Cheers

Steve