Discovery 1 Mud Tyres

jeremy

245/75/R16 required a small snip off the back edge of the rear wheel arches on my 300Tdi disco.

I have H/D rear springs that lift the rear end by approx 20mm, but its not the height thats the problem, its the length of the opening from front to back.

The tyres are General Grabber A/T2s fitted to standard Disco steels...

they do look good, and worth the small bodywork trim... ;)

If you want to be sure of not having to trim any bodywork i'd stick with standard 235/70/16's

245/75/R16 required a small snip off the back edge of the rear wheel arches on my 300Tdi disco.

Mine too, but it was on std height springs. As you said it is a tiny mod takes 10 min with a sharp set of tin snips and is invisible to all but the anorakiest Fairy lovers ;)

I have ,sorry the wife has 265/75/16 on standard disco alloys with no lift ,can make a bit of noise when loaded up but not too bad but you cant get a fag paper between the tyres and the arches

hope she don't see this she will be wanting a lift next :o

I have ,sorry the wife has 265/75/16 on standard disco alloys with no lift ,can make a bit of noise when loaded up but not too bad but you cant get a fag paper between the tyres and the arches

hope she don't see this she will be wanting a lift next :o

I bet she'll be wanting the new arches next:) After arches kiss rubber several times:)

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Any chance anyone can offer the same information relating to a Discovery 1 with a 2 inch lift?:unsure:

I'm happy to trim the arches at each end but I'd prefer to avoid having to cut them so much that a set of arches is required.

Jeremy

I've got 235/85/16 with a 2"lift you only have to trim a little off the bottom corner of the rear arch and trim the front bumper valance or take it off.

Matt

I have 265/75/16 with bearmach blue heavy duty springs fitted and monroe adventurer shocks (sstandard size replacement) - this lifts the landy between 1-2" including the height the tyres give me

I also fitted extended bump stops. I have also done the camel cut removing about 5cm from the bottom of the rear wheel arches. I have a winch bumper so front aint a problem

However despite all this i can still catch the rear wheel arches or on one occasion caught the inner wheel arch below the back seat

if I had the choose again i would stick with a smaller size 225 or 235 - this also means more chance if you get a more than one puncture off roading someone else will have a spare you can stick on

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Any chance anyone can offer the same information relating to a Discovery 1 with a 2 inch lift?:unsure:

I'm happy to trim the arches at each end but I'd prefer to avoid having to cut them so much that a set of arches is required.

Jeremy

I have 265/75/16 with 2" lift and "camel cut" rear arches. That's it.

I have 265/75R16 with full arch flares and no lift. wanted the extra diff clearance, but didnt want to raise my centre of gravity any higher than necessary to maintain towing ability.

looks good, most importantly works well, and arches were a damned site cheaper than a set of +2 shocks and springs

• 4 years later...
Hi all. This is my first post on this site. I have a 1997 Discovery 1 with 300tdi motor. Can someone tell me what should the distance from centre of hub to the top of wheel arch be after a 2" lift ? Thanks in advance

For standard height if memory serves correct its around 760mm on the front and around 800mm on the rear from the arches to the ground depending on wheels and tyres fitted of course and then add 50mm so 810mm front and 850 on the back.