Forum Peaks trip - the aftermath

Pete Attryde

im local and i dont recongise all of these pictures, id love to see a map of where you went, i recongise stanage edge, and houndkirk moor.

but the river/ford? and the narrow little lane?

let us in!

I'm not going to post locations because some of the lanes we drove won't stand heavy use, and posting on the internet is as good as advertising a free product. I'd recommend looking at the Peak District website for details of TROs too - several of the lanes I'd planned to drive are on their 'sensitive routes' list, and I don't think our days were any poorer for avoiding them.

http://www.peakdistrict.org/index/looking-...cles-routes.htm

If you want some pointers, drop me a PM.

100 % John,, ^^^^^

With some homework, and following the information given in the sites listed on this thread, and a map !! its not difficult to sort a nice route

I would like to thank the Peak district for letting us inject , what £2.5k :unsure: between us, into their local economy,

Well I discovered some slight damage today.

I've flattened the front of the left side step.

I thought it had been done here but looking at the picture the step still seems to be round.

dsc00400hf4.th.jpg

The steps are a compromise between height from the ground and Margaret being able to use them to get in.

The getting in won.

mike

Mike - it was done on the tricky section on Stanage I think. I didn't notice any damage at the time, but it was sat pretty heavily on a rock :huh:

Considering what was done over the weekend I don't think that's too bad. I've just ordered som tread plate, a bit of which will be ending up paited black and repairing the underside of my bumper B) Any idea what to stick aluminium and plastic together with (that will take outdoor abuse)? I'll be popping a few rivets in but would like to stick it on also.

I didn't notice anything until this morning. Yes I did look.....Those steps are making good rocksliders.

I'm a great believer in Araldite.

The alli must be clean and the Araldite on immediately.

Check the plastic will accept the Araldite.

Get the slow setting stuff. Get it applied and use a hair drier on it for about half to an hour to get it to set.

mike

I didn't notice anything until this morning. Yes I did look.....Those steps are making good rocksliders.

I'm a great believer in Araldite.

The alli must be clean and the Araldite on immediately.

Check the plastic will accept the Araldite.

Get the slow setting stuff. Get it applied and use a hair drier on it for about half to an hour to get it to set.

mike

Thanks Mike, will take a look. Now where are those pics from Sticky <_< we are looking forward to seeing them!

Thanks Mike, will take a look. Now where are those pics from Sticky <_< we are looking forward to seeing them!

Phhooeey... Have just done a nice reply and i think added a photo in , but will not take more than 1 at a time?!? And it dint work - page just refreshed so here i am doing it all over again.... :angry:

post-2932-1227971484_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1227971556_thumb.jpg

Caption Competition!!!!

Just wondered what Walfy was doing here holding his bits, and pointing at them with the other hand in a slightly camp way...

Anyone would think he is "rapping" to Puggy

Not looking Grumpy though!

"Im a little tea pot"

:lol:

post-2932-1227972031_thumb.jpg

Sticky, James

Your humour kills me :o !!!

Surely this is drifting OT a bit. This thread is about the laning in the Peaks. Not about belittling people on the net. We don't want to upset other users!!

Can we keep it On Topic for the benefit of other users please ;)

Phhooeey... Have just done a nice reply and i think added a photo in , but will not take more than 1 at a time?!? And it dint work - page just refreshed so here i am doing it all over again.... :angry:

Wow, that just looks wrong (the pic of my Disco). :huh:

Nice pics there Chris. I don't recognise any of the pics as places where we went over the weekend. It's good to see that several convoys went out and still managed to do differing routes. And save overloading the lanes.

The 8 vehicle convoy we met coming the other way on the last lane (Roych clough - pictured with the rock steps) may have overloaded it. :(

The first couple of pictures are from about 1km west of where we met you guys for lunch on Saturday.

Chris

pd26.JPG

Who got the picture from behind the Disco?? Is it really waving it's reas N/S wheel in the air or is the inside of the tyre up on a rock??

No rock, the wheel is really in the air (look at the front N/S, you can see how far up that's tucked :huh:

Nice shots Chris, don't recognise the lane in the first one?

M&S, if you plan to take the D2 off road again, I wouldn't bother patching up the bumper. It will just get damaged again and potentially do more damage if your repair is more robust.

On the D2 front bumper it's best to remove the lower front outer plastic trim on each side altogether. Mantec do a bash plate for the centre section.

Cheers

Steve