britpart timing tensioner and idler

92a

i am about to change the belt etc on my 200 tdi engine has anyone used britpart parts for this i dont want to have to do it again belt is dayco rest of kit is britpart thank you

If it's anything like every other Britpart component I've ever seen, I'd ditch them and go out and buy genuine. Some bits are not worth saving pennies on, things that make your engine go are one example. Actually, I'm struggling to think of something I'd trust Britpart to manufacture and drawing a blank :unsure:

Look carefully at the tensioner and idler bearings. If they have INA engraved on them, they are genuine. The Bearmach kit comes with INA parts, not sure about Britpart though. Dayco belt is also genuine, no matter who you buy it from.

Oh I dunno - I've got a Britpart carboard box holding my old injectors and there's another one stopping my tool trolly moving on the wonky shed floor. (the parts that came in them have both died unexpected deaths with in weeks of being fitted and are now land-fill where all Britpart stuff belongs.) So I wouldn't say they are the only decent thing they make....

Two years ago one of the bearings in the Britpart 300tdi kit was NSK Japan (widely used in the AC compressor clutch on Merc's and Toy's) and the other one had nothing written on it.

It was fitted by someone I know on a 96 300tdi Discovery and so far so good.

P.S.

I wouldn't buy from them without looking at the bearings first.

I wouldnt do it.Dont gamble on things like that,could cause avoidable damage.Go for the original stuff thats fitted by the manufacturer or uprated gear,never take a step backwards.With that said I havent had any probs with my rad or springs made by britpart yet but the rads only done 500 miles and the springs have been fitted today :lol: so it just could be a matter of time,hopfully not fingers crossed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I put a britpart timing kit in my old 300tdi disco. It worked. for 500 miles. I was on a trip when the nut that secures the idler thats included (its a crimped typr if I remember) wasnt quite crimped enough. Despite doing it up to correct torque it came undone. Shredding the cambelt against the timing cover, it jumped a few teeth and the engine lost power, it wheezed into a belgian service station where I had to fix it. Lucky it wasnt more serious!