O.T. ? One way traffic.

mmgemini

It might make using the quote feature of forums a bit difficult if we all started worrying about copyright. Just do what you do normally, if you do happen to link to a forum that requires regustration then people will either register, not bother, or complain they can't see it. B)

It might make using the quote feature of forums a bit difficult if we all started worrying about copyright. Just do what you do normally, if you do happen to link to a forum that requires regustration then people will either register, not bother, or complain they can't see it. B)

that's the sensible way of doing things, however the word from on high is

In the main linking to your posts on other forums is not a problem unless you have to be registered on the other forum in order to be able to view.

Back to mu posts....

Originally they were on a certain forum. The owners/ Admin of that forum said those posts were their copyright......

Anyway that forum went apex over base and I pulled them to another small forum. That too went apex over base and I got them off to where they are now.

I've not as yet head a formal complaint. Four years I think it is now....But be aware that som,e forums claim that what you ppost is their copyright.

A bit like getting a comtract to take a photo. That photo copyright belongs to whoever asked/ paid you to take the picture. Though in very few cases is that upheld.

mike

Originally they were on a certain forum. The owners/ Admin of that forum said those posts were their copyright......

Anyway that forum went apex over base and I pulled them to another small forum. That too went apex over base and I got them off to where they are now.

mike

You haven't got the "Midas Touch" have you Mike :unsure:

Nige :lol:

Les. It's all very complicated......I put the photo bit in very simple terms.

I see now school photgraphers no longer hold onto their copyright by selling the parents a CD with the pictures on so they can have prints done where they want.

Still if you have an old school photograph. That is copyrighted until 100years, I think it is, after the photographers death.

mike

I've always understood that linking to another forum for the good of the Land Rover community was accepted. Apparently not so on here.

Hello Mike,

my apologies to begin with, as I simply want to address your above comment in your original post only.

I'm of the same frame of mind as you, it's healthy for the LR community with appropriate linking, but as you and I shared moderating duties at another forum the administrator there removed my link to here. :huh: Unfortunately it does happen else wheres, but thankfully it's not happened to me here.

Todd.

So if i link to a post by myself on another forum and disagree with what i previously said, can i sue myself for misuse of copyright?

If i win and have enough money from the settlement to buy a 110 and a nice caravan, are twin towbar electrics freely available or are they all those new clever hitches now?

Sorry, i do normally try and take things seriously buy it seemed a few folks were arguing just for the f*cking sake of it...

I'll get me coat.

So if i link to a post by myself on another forum and disagree with what i previously said, can i sue myself for misuse of copyright?

If i win and have enough money from the settlement to buy a 110 and a nice caravan

:rofl: @ Dunc

Cheered me up before I enter a freeeeeezing cold workshop in about 6 mins :(

Copyright in Photographs >

This is simple as set out in the 1988 Copyright Act the Copyright is automatically granted to the creator of the image, the photographer.

After that the photographer can assign, give away, donate, sell, do pretty much what he or she wants. The copyright does not belong to the commissioning party unless explicitly agreed beforehand.

Copyright Law is powerful stuff :rolleyes: , I won a very nice Omega Moonwatch with the proceeds of a recent breach of copyright claim .... I've named it after the muppet advertising agency that stole my photo ......

Of course you'll need to establish the value of your snap to a judge, you can't just make up a number ...... Alternatively you could claim damages ( again you'll need to prove a value ) or get the photo removed from wherever it has popped up.

Given the aggro involved you'd need to be a really dedicated to kick up a fuss about a smudge on a LR forum :lol: