Exhaust suggestions

Only me!

91 110CSW 200TDI

Mr MOT man has 'advised' that the exhaust is not long for this world.

I intend keeping this vehicle fr a while so would consider something in stainless.

I tow lots of plastic fronted caravans, so it needs to be a side exit, like standard.

I am looking at tweaking the fuel pump/bigger intercooler for a bit more grunt.

Suggestions and sources, please.

Ta

David

I have the Janspeed performance one on mine and am very impressed with it. It seems to work well with the Alisport intercooler, sounds nice without being loud, and fits perfectly. I tried to fit a Rimmer bros one to my old 110 and it was awful, didn't fit at all well and was sent back for a refund.

Only downside was I got it from scrapiron racing so it took forever to get the right bits.

just had to change my exhaust on my 300tdi

kept the non cat down pipe

added a straight thru scorpion centre pipe

replaced the rear box with an original

the difference is huge, more torque, more low down power, better drive-ability. and a really cool sound but not over loud inside or outside.

i really recommend a straight thru :D

SS phoned me today with what seems like a very good quote for the whole system with straight through centre pipe. They call this their 'utility' system.

Cheers

David

How much did they quote if you don't mind me asking? I may be interested in something similar and would be curious to know how much i need to save up!

• 2 months later...
I added a striaght through pipe to mine a while ago to replace the centre silencer, my thread here don't think it's made any noise difference & the engine seems to be a bit more responsive.

I've gone for the 'sports utility' system, which is the one without the centre silencer. I guess it will be noisier than the standard mild steel system, but that isn't the noisiest thing in a Defender anyway.

Cheers

David

Looking forward to your comments when its on and when you have run it for a few months, David - in my experience exhausts often quieten down when they have been run for a while. The only time I was caught for speeding was when I had a proprietry "sports" exhaust on my GT6 and the plod said he heard me coming - LOL.

Hope to do the same soon......

Cheers, H.

Mate of mine has a 300tdi, with the straight thru centre pipe, no cat, and a late model rear pipe with no box.

Contrary to what you'd expect its not actually that noisy at all, but you get a nice whistle from the turbo out the pipe, and a nice exhaust note. The turbo acts as a pretty good silencer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now fitted. Needed a wee bit of a heat and bend in two places to get it on.

Noise, now thats very subjective. It transpires that the standard exhaust had a hole in the top of the over axle pipe and the pipe into the centre box was leaking too.

The new system, obviously brand new, gives a different deeper sound, and the whistle can be heard.

Cheers

David