How safe is yours ??

western

I definately know which vehicle i'd rather be in if i had a crash B)

Well of course......

it is blindingly obvious if you drive around on today's roads in something akin to a tank that can't do much above 60 mph ;);) you will be a lot safer...... :ph34r:

Still want one though........... :D:D:D

Well of course......

it is blindingly obvious if you drive around on today's roads in something akin to a tank that can't do much above 60 mph ;);) you will be a lot safer...... :ph34r:

Still want one though........... :D:D:D

I wonder how much how the cars are driven is a factor in these figures? For instance, Subaru Impreza I think topped it's class for casualties - is that because the car has poor accident protection or because they get driven, by and large, by wanabee Colin Macraes? Defenders, on the other hand, tend to encourage a more sedate and considered driving style...

I wonder how much how the cars are driven is a factor in these figures? For instance, Subaru Impreza I think topped it's class for casualties - is that because the car has poor accident protection or because they get driven, by and large, by wanabee Colin Macraes? Defenders, on the other hand, tend to encourage a more sedate and considered driving style...

Oh my God! sooooooooo glad i didnt say that!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why not? I'm with Geoff. Quite happy pootling along at 55 in the 90 and even the Disco I can't see the point in going over 70. But I'd probably feel pretty silly buying a capable car but never doing more than half its max top speed. I mean why bother having it? Oh, unless you do race days. Always thought one of those little lotus elises would be fun for track days.

Why not? I'm with Geoff. Quite happy pootling along at 55 in the 90 and even the Disco I can't see the point in going over 70. But I'd probably feel pretty silly buying a capable car but never doing more than half its max top speed. I mean why bother having it? Oh, unless you do race days. Always thought one of those little lotus elises would be fun for track days.

Mmmmm. my current steed will do 140 (twice the UK max national speed limit) the best bit is getting up to 70 but yes beyond that it all seems a bit pointless as you career along waiting to be nabbed by plod with his GATSO at the ready.

So inevitably I scream up to whatever the limit is :o:o

and then back off just in case of accident or points....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good fun getting there but a vehicle like mine only truly comes into it's own on a track, a bit like a Land Rover really which really only comes into it's own on a track of a different kind........ :ph34r::ph34r:

Tell you what .............let's all buy Smart cars........or one of those those KIA Picantos which look really nice...... ;)

Tell you what .............let's all buy Smart cars........or one of those those KIA Picantos which look really nice...... ;)

Not sure the fast saloon or sports cars are in my budget (at least not in a fit state for racing) and I don't know what a KIA Picanto is but class racing in smart cars could be a lot of laughs.

I bet that the guvonment will not publish the results as loudly as they would if the findings were in reverse!!!!

And I bet that not one newspaper will pickup on the facts and that Greenpeace will still carry on publishing B======T about 4x4s

Lara.

P.S.

I actually sold my fast BMW and baught my Landy because a landy gives you a different feeling to drive and you relax more and accept that you will not get anywhere fast so it's pointless trying.

Even a fast Landy is a slow car. :):)