General grabber AT2

Chris Davies

Any comments on the general grabber AT2 tyres

if ur talking about the OEM tyres as fitted by LR, they are rubbish off-road. Good enough for tar, but not much else.

if ur talking about the OEM tyres as fitted by LR, they are rubbish off-road. Good enough for tar, but not much else.

No because they are Grabber TR not AT2.

I have them on my Ranger, very impressed with noise and grip, less impressed with wear and chunking on gravel roads as the rears in particular are starting to look a bit worn and chipped though in fairness it is in 2WD most of the time and with a fair % wheelspin on loose gravel.

I'll still be getting the same but they aren't going to last as long as I hoped, nor as long as a BFG though that is probably not surprising.

I've got them on the P38 and was very impressed in the snow.. I've also pleasantly surprised by the level of grip on the roads, I'd say a good bit better than the BFG's I usually go for. However, I get the impression from others that they wear quicker but they are also a chunk cheaper so that might not be too bad.

yep i have them on the disco and on the rangie i just sold too

brilliant tyres

and i know people who have got 45k on a set on a disco and they still have plenty of tread left

as said MAYBE not quite as long wearing as the bfg but then quite a bit cheaper too

rob

Very good tyre for an AT. Have them on my RR. Not as good in snow as a proper snow tyre though.

They didn't cope too well going round a round-a-bout even though I took care, and ended up with

a nasty wheel- curb interface moment. <_<

Yep have them on my disco in 245/75/16 flavor, well impressed and will be getting the same on my next Landrover.

Only time they let me down was in very deep clay that Simex would have struggled to get me out!

They are quiet on the road, and worked very well in the recent snow.

Thanks for all the comments chaps, all-in-all well thought of then.

Yes - bear in mind my wear rate will see off a set of BFG AT's on the Discovery in not much over 20,000 miles when some people claim six times that, I expect the AT2s to last about 15,000 (I think I've done about 10-12000 on them now) before the tread is worn enough that I will be replacing them - nowhere near the legal limit of 1.6mm but if you need an AT then 1.6mm of tread is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard so I guess I would change them out at about 5mm.

i have them on my defender... im over the moon with mine.. there good off road (for a all terrain) good on road, good in the snow and bugger all noise.. allso getting punchers takes some doing with them.. very good value for money..

cheers sam