Swindon Land Rover club

davelr4x4

Firstly apologies to all those not based in and around Swindon, although you'd be more than welcome to join in if you don't mind the travelling!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a Land Rover club in the Swindon area is there? There seems to be a fair amount of Land Rover owners in and around the area so I presume there would be some interest. The nearest option for me (I live near Cricklade) seems to be CCROC (Cotswold and Cheltenham Rover Owners Club). I went along for a while but it's a bit of a trek to their events and they are a bit biassed towards RTV/Tyro trials etc, very little green laning. I do a lot of green laning in the Swindon area, and we're a bit spoilt for byways around here. Is anybody interested in setting up a club and having, say, a regular monthly meeting in a drinking establishment to be determined, and having regular informal green laning / byway organised trips? Although I wouldn't rule out RTV/Tyro type events, I've attended a few and there's far too much standing around for my liking, I would rather be out and about moving all day. That is my opinion of course, your mileage may vary.

Let me know either by reply or PM whether you would be interested and we can move discussions forward.

Cheers,

Dave.

Excellent. With a few people coming from Berkshire I guess a meeting point near the M4 would be best for all concerned, how about the newly refurbished Churchill Inn, just 2 minutes from J16. Nice big area to meet and chat. What night would be best? Probably better to aim for earlier in the week because most people get busy later in the week (those with any sort of life that is). How about a Tuesday night? And so it's easy to remember how about making it the first Tuesday of each month? That means although it's short notice the first gathering would be Tuesday 7th April.

Comments?

Dave.

How about somewhere south of the M4 but near a junction? Makes it easier for those of us in the 'county' of Wiltshire?

Chris

Edited: Ah, I see this is the case with the venue mentioned above.... Is it the same place that used to be called Sally's Pussy?

Sally's pussy is more of an eaters pub (and true the food is excellent), whereas the Churchill has a big lounge area to sit and chat (as well as a restaurant area). It also has a large car park. It's here :-

http://bit.ly/2jsn0s

or from their own web site :-

http://thechuchill.sm4.biz/#/whereweare/4530687901 (interesting that they've misspelt their URL name, it's not a typo).

It's only a suggestion, and only for the first meeting when we can discuss more concrete plans. Shout if you have a better idea.

Regards,

Dave.

Edited: Ah, I see this is the case with the venue mentioned above.... Is it the same place that used to be called Sally's Pussy?

That reminded me of a bad joke I heard on tv the other day..

Electricity meter man - Is that your Pussy I can smell?

Housewife - No

Electricity meter man - Must be your feet then.

Is anybody interested in setting up a club and having, say, a regular monthly meeting in a drinking establishment to be determined, and having regular informal green laning / byway organised trips?

Hello Dave. Yep - I'm interested too, another West Berkshire-ite:) J16 is 20 mins away with a following wind...look forward to meeting a few folk.

7th April is not perfect as I'm planning to be away laning in that there Wales, but will be up for it afterwards.

Cheers

JB

7th April is not perfect as I'm planning to be away laning in that there Wales, but will be up for it afterwards.

Me too!

Very interested in becoming involved in the Club but won't make the first meeting owing the the laning.

Firstly apologies to all those not based in and around Swindon, although you'd be more than welcome to join in if you don't mind the travelling!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a Land Rover club in the Swindon area is there? There seems to be a fair amount of Land Rover owners in and around the area so I presume there would be some interest. The nearest option for me (I live near Cricklade) seems to be CCROC (Cotswold and Cheltenham Rover Owners Club). I went along for a while but it's a bit of a trek to their events and they are a bit biassed towards RTV/Tyro trials etc, very little green laning. I do a lot of green laning in the Swindon area, and we're a bit spoilt for byways around here. Is anybody interested in setting up a club and having, say, a regular monthly meeting in a drinking establishment to be determined, and having regular informal green laning / byway organised trips? Although I wouldn't rule out RTV/Tyro type events, I've attended a few and there's far too much standing around for my liking, I would rather be out and about moving all day. That is my opinion of course, your mileage may vary.

Let me know either by reply or PM whether you would be interested and we can move discussions forward.

Cheers,

Dave.

glos4x4a new club welcoming new members/event organisers/forum moderators & massive member discounts on landy bits, some cases as much as 50% normal price, well worth a look .