Now This Sounds Rather Interesting!

AJL

after a bit of searching I have found the following LS7 fully trimmed @ 208kg and RR 4.2 Supercharged at 193kg fully trimmed, Not much in it weight wise, But am sure Power wise ;o) 505 as opposed to JE's 460, Although I am sure 460 is enough ;o)

Lara

What he said.....WHY????

Why not???? I've got an adequatly fast sports car (due to be made silly fast once the bank balance recovers from the vapour build) but a quick(ish) 110 double cab is something I've always fancied - it makes towing effortless (if a little juicy) and is a bit of fun when you're not. That said, my relationship with cars isn't normal.....

That said, my relationship with cars isn't normal.....

what take them apart and spread them round the garage/shed/workshop??? :ph34r::lol: So true although the real weirdos are those that actually build and drive them :moglite:

sorry, couldn't resist :P

after a bit of searching I have found the following LS7 fully trimmed @ 208kg and RR 4.2 Supercharged at 193kg fully trimmed, Not much in it weight wise, But am sure Power wise ;o) 505 as opposed to JE's 460, Although I am sure 460 is enough ;o)

Lara

Sounds about right, the LS7 would be 208 with the flywheel and manifolds. I know mine was less than 200kg without the flywheel and alternator, but with ecu, loom, manifolds, flexplate and starter.

what take them apart and spread them round the garage/shed/workshop??? :ph34r::lol: So true although the real weirdos are those that actually build and drive them :moglite:

sorry, couldn't resist :P

In part but also the fact I am incapable of owning what would be described as a 'normal' car :lol:

As far as building goes, no, I don't do any of that! I just twiddle my thumbs....

DSC01142.jpg

Wish I could weld like that though, even on my workbench!!

The reason to have a fast Landy is to have the unexpected and understated Power without the Flash git of a sports car. I would love to have one, but (un)fortunately I use my landy day to day, and I am not sure that being sunk up to axles in mud with the engine on tickover while I extricate something/someone/myself would help this sort of beast!!

But the surprised faces on people who think 'ah land rover... slow' and then get smoked will be priceless!

Yes even better if it handles the way Lara explains not only can you leave them in a straight line but play with them in corner. Yes the the front bumper doesn't look good but hey I'm sure that would be easily changed with that sort of cash.

i cant understand why someone would do this to a 90 either i'm afraid.

yeah yeah yeah, its fast, sleeper look, surprises people etc...

big deal. It wont work offroad, its too flipping small, driving position is too compromised and its too short to have truely exceptional handling.

If i wanted a fast vehicle to cruise about in and drive up and down the country and surprise people/chavs/bmw bridage - then i would NOT do it to a 90! A nice discovery2 with a fully rebuilt shell and galvanised chassis, fitted with that engine, fully kitted out inside with leather and all the toys and a simillarly comprehensive suspension package----- YES PLEASE!!!

that sort of power in a D2 would be flipping magical.